Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I think most of you would agree the ride comfort on the B Class is abysmal and I would really appreciate it if any of you could recommend some springs and shock absorbers for both front and rear. Any good brands and models to recommend for a good comfortable ride? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
W123 '83 200, W210 '98 E200K, W212 '13 E350
1,842 Posts
Ride comfort abysmal compared to what? An S-Class, Lincoln, or...? Not trying to be a dick, but for a Sports Tourer I think the ride is good on decent roads.

My tire placard (back of fuel filler cap) reads 29 PSI front and rear, cold tires, when not fully loaded, not going over 100MPH (160km/h). What pressures are you running? Kinds of roads? Please add profile info (location would be the missing link here).

·
Registered
06 White B200T
739 Posts
Any aftermarket suspension would probably be harder than stock, did your car come with the factory sport pack?

Anthony

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
The harshness is down to the suspension desgn as much as anything else. You could have custom springs made up but it would cause handling problems and the car's GVW would be seriously lowered, plus it would still not be as good riding as the cars I used to drive daily. Don't buy any German car if you value smooth ride!

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Been there done that, not good enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts