Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SL55
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace the interior light switch in my 99. I used another post and was able to remove the mirror and interior light housing but still couldn't find how to get the actual switches out. Is there something else that needs to be removed to get these switches out?

·
Outstanding Contributor
'03 SL500, '03 SL55, '97 SL320, (2) '91 300SL, (2) '91 500SL, '00 S500 -- all for sale
4,234 Posts
I have always struggled with removing those switches. What makes it tough is the electrical connectors to the switches are secured with tabs as well as the switches. If I remember correctly, you need to remove the connector first and then remove the switch. The presence of the tabs on the connectors are not obvious, so be careful. I don't remember whether they are squeezed or spread to allow the connector to be pulled.

If a switch is giving you trouble, once you remove it you will see that it is easy to take it apart and clean the internal contacts.

·
Registered
2005 SL55
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The switch that allows you to set the operation of the interior light (on the left side) is bad. So I can't set the light to come on when the door is opened. I can still use the other switch to either turn on the left or right map light. I purchased a new stich from the dealer for about $30 and thought that it would be easy to stick in until I pulled the plastic housing. I'll try again this weekend and let you guys know how it went. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts