Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 SLK 350, 06 Audi A6 4.2
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of time and painful manipulation, I managed to change the low beam bulb on the passager side(I did not get xenon when I got the SLK - what an idiot..) to a sylvania silverstar bulb.

What a disapointment!! I can barely see any difference and to top it all I just read on the sylvania web site that the sylverstar bulbs "have a life span of up to one year under average driving conditions".

See pictures below.

What to do. Put back the original bulb (which I hope will last more than a year) or move forward with the sylvania on the driver side ...

Yves

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 350
49 Posts
looks the same to me. if you bought it, might as well use it even if just one year so your not wasting your money.

should have went with hoen or piaas.

·
Registered
SLK350
154 Posts
Hard to say if there is any difference at all!
Certainly nothing close to the difference I saw when I replaced my GTI's OEM bulbs to Philips's "Blue Vision 4000Kelvin". Huge difference and I a life span of over 3 years (still have them!). Maybe next time you should try them!

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 LE
240 Posts
Go out and get some PIAA's. They make a huge difference! PIAA Extreme white I think. They are like 4150 kelvin. So that means they are not BLUE.

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
The standard lights / bulbs on this car are great. I do not see the need for bi-xenons (unless you plan to do most of your driving at night) or replacing the standard bulbs with something that will probably be inferior, and void the warrantee on the lights.

If it aint broke...

roadsta

1 - 5 of 5 Posts