Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I currently own the S320L W140 model and was thinking whether if i could change the existing steering wheel to the W209(CLK model) or later batch of W210(E Class model) or the latest W220(S Class)

I was also thinking of hotwiring the radio control to the steering wheel buttons...

Have anybody tried these modification? Please enlighten as the existing steering wheel seems dull compared to the new ones..

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
You can do it.. but you will need VERY deep pockets..
you need to buy the EPC to determine what parts and harnesses you will need.. then order from your local stealer.. and VOLA!!! more buttons.. and a bigger smile...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Merc600,

Thanks for your reply... I just wanted to know if the three models which I stated earlier has the same steering hub and also whether the airbag which later models have dual stage, so that its just plug and play.

On the hotwiring of the steering buttons, check out peripheralelectronics.com which they have the plug and play for the steering wheel buttons.

Thanks again for the "preparation" for deeper pockets. By the way, the car feels solid and never experience the same with other car...

What is EPC again by the way

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
EPC =Electronic Parts Catolouge..
you can buy it on Ebay,..Or maybe one of the others in the forum will have one to sell..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts