Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone first post here!
Someone hit my passenger side mirror on my 2009 ML320. The cover broke off but the mirror and motor are still working. Im unable to find a matching cover so now I am looking at replacing both the driver and passenger side mirrors. Im unable to find any covers that will match the shape of the glass, so I’ve been searching if I can replace just the glass and cover or if I am going to need to change the whole unit.
I have found 2 for sale off of an ML350. Would I be able to just change the glass and connectors and snap on the knew covers? Will everything be working properly like the defrost and flashers? Ive included pics if my original mirrors and the knew ones I was thinking might fit.
I have already tried searching for hours but havnt had any luck on finding information on this. Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance, any help will be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You will indeed be able to replace the mirror assembly with the 2011 model. If you have power folding mirrors already and your adding them then no coding is necessary. Looks like those have blind spot assist. That will not work if you don’t have that as an option on your car. Prepainted covers are available from your dealer but they are pricey. The glass is also available but it’s expensive. It may be cheaper for a whole used assembly by the time you price piece parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,757 Posts
You will indeed be able to replace the mirror assembly with the 2011 model. If you have power folding mirrors already and your adding them then no coding is necessary. Looks like those have blind spot assist. That will not work if you don’t have that as an option on your car. Prepainted covers are available from your dealer but they are pricey. The glass is also available but it’s expensive. It may be cheaper for a whole used assembly by the time you price piece parts.

Jim, where did 2011 mirrors come into play here, unless I missed something?

The mirrors changed as of 2011.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
He has the 09-10 mirrors on his car. He had a picture of the 2011 mirrors in his post. It looked like he was going to get those and replace the set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts