Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Caspian Blue SLK350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed out the lights in the dome to a blue- Looks good with the lighted sills that are in blue.[:D] I would like to change out the ones under the dash and glove. A see a few screws to drop the bottom and I figure that this is the way to get to the bulbs. Has anyone changed out their bulbs and is their a cleaner approach [?]Thanks[:)]

·
Registered
Caspian Blue SLK350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the sills as an OEM install. I must say they look great in the evening when the car opens. My buddy picked up a 55 with out the sills and he wished he got them

·
Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
788 Posts
SATedeschi - 4/3/2005 7:09 AM

I got the sills as an OEM install. I must say they look great in the evening when the car opens. My buddy picked up a 55 with out the sills and he wished he got them
SATedeschi, thx for the reply. Can you tell me more?

My SP says that lighted sills are dealer install only (i.e. can not get the factory to build with lighted sills).

He has quoted me the price of the sills (around $500) plus another $400 in labor! He checked with the service guys and they said its a real pain and they really don't want to do it.

Was your's built with lighted sills or dealer install? And can you tell me what the price was?

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
bloflin - 4/4/2005 9:26 PM

SATedeschi, thx for the reply. Can you tell me more?

My SP says that lighted sills are dealer install only (i.e. can not get the factory to build with lighted sills).

He has quoted me the price of the sills (around $500) plus another $400 in labor! He checked with the service guys and they said its a real pain and they really don't want to do it.

Was your's built with lighted sills or dealer install? And can you tell me what the price was?
Sounds like a case of lazy service guys!!! [:(!]

As far as I am aware (and correct me if I'm wrong), you can't get your SLK built with the lighted sills - they are a dealer fitted accessory - or they are in the UK. I'm looking to get them for my SLK sometime in the winter - for the dark nights!!! [;)]

My Dad had lighted sills fitted in his ML as a dealer fit, and they even took them out of his old one and put them in his new one, when he changed ML's. [8D] They look soo fab!!! [:D]

·
Registered
Caspian Blue SLK350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes- These sills were purchased with the car. The Dealer actually had them installed when the car arrived. I did not think much about it since Delivery of the car had them in. I figured that is still OEM prior to delilvery, but you are correct the factory did not install them.

The cost of the sills was about 400 and install about 300. The dealer gave me a break as it was part of the delivery.

·
Registered
Caspian Blue SLK350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes- These sills were purchased with the car. The Dealer actually had them installed when the car arrived. I did not think much about it since Delivery of the car had them in. I figured that is still OEM prior to delilvery, but you are correct the factory did not install them.

The cost of the sills was about 400 and install about 300. The dealer gave me a break as it was part of the delivery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts