Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
mrsgrinch said:
I have a cracked lens on my fog light and bought a new one but unsure how to replace it for my 00 E-320
Hi, Mrs. Grinch. Our regards to Mr. Carrey. ;)

Welcome to the forum. Quick note: you're in the wrong one. The 00 is a W210, not a 211.

The easiest way to do this is raise the front end, support it with jackstands. Then use a small ratchet (I think it's 7mm socket) to remove the several bolts holding the front plastic belly pan; there's also a couple of bolts in the front of each front wheelwell (10 total if memory serves). Careful when you drop it, it will be full of lots of dirt, grit, and junk (this works great because you can empty that stuff out of there.

Once the belly pan is out of the way you'll easily see how to remove the foglight assembly. Once loose there are just some spring-steel clips that hold the lens on the assembly. Before you install the new lens I'd suggest you pull the gasket out and clean and treat it with some rubber/vinyl treatment, it will seal better and longer and prevent moisture from forming on the inside.

Lastly, before you put the belly pan back on, you have a great opportunity to do a cursory inspection to look for leaks, etc.

Whole job shouldn't take more than an hour unless you really take your time.

Note that you can change the bulbs through an inspection cover in the belly pan under each fog light, but unless you have really small hands and great instincts, you'll never be able to change the lens through that portal.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to replace the bulb of one of the fog lamps on my E320 wagon 2001.
Can you instruct me on how to do this?
Also one of the park lights went out and when I tried to replace the bulb, the
receptacle that holds the bulb cracked when I pushed the bulb down to lock it
and now it doesnt light. Any suggestions?
Thanks much

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Mrs. Grinch. Our regards to Mr. Carrey. ;)

Welcome to the forum. Quick note: you're in the wrong one. The 00 is a W210, not a 211.

The easiest way to do this is raise the front end, support it with jackstands. Then use a small ratchet (I think it's 7mm socket) to remove the several bolts holding the front plastic belly pan; there's also a couple of bolts in the front of each front wheelwell (10 total if memory serves). Careful when you drop it, it will be full of lots of dirt, grit, and junk (this works great because you can empty that stuff out of there.

Once the belly pan is out of the way you'll easily see how to remove the foglight assembly. Once loose there are just some spring-steel clips that hold the lens on the assembly. Before you install the new lens I'd suggest you pull the gasket out and clean and treat it with some rubber/vinyl treatment, it will seal better and longer and prevent moisture from forming on the inside.

Lastly, before you put the belly pan back on, you have a great opportunity to do a cursory inspection to look for leaks, etc.

Whole job shouldn't take more than an hour unless you really take your time.

Note that you can change the bulbs through an inspection cover in the belly pan under each fog light, but unless you have really small hands and great instincts, you'll never be able to change the lens through that portal.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg
Hi, any instructions on how to change it of a 2008 e350 sport? Same issue.. Cracked on passenger side. I can't find any YouTube videos that show how to replace it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Very likely the same basic procedure as noted. I read a similar DIY somewhere else on the internet some time ago that described driving the front of the car up on ramps, and removing the belly pan just behind the bumper which allows access to the fog lights, but I can not remember where I saw it. I am in need of replacing both fog lights on my '08 E350 due to yellowing/interior burning of the reflective coating. Where did you get (if you already have them) the fog light assemblies? I've seen them at Autohauz and on RockAuto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Mad Dawg 350
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing