Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wondering if there was any way to change out our frosted headlight lenses with clear ones ?? is there a company or a shop that can make one or change it. i think the car will look so much better if we could change that out.. thanks for the help

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
All the pictures you've seen are fake....there aren't any options right now....we're stuck with what we've got

·
Registered
SLK32AMG
712 Posts
I haven't looked close at the headlight assembly. If it is polycarbonate and the frosting is just an interior surface treatment (bead blasted, chemical etch, etc.), you could just polish it clear.

The S2k assembly is polycarbonate. I know someone that cleaned the exterior with a cleaner that hazed the surface. He pulled it out and used a polish kit from a local plastics store.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
bbsilver - 2/18/2005 9:38 PM I know someone that cleaned the exterior with a cleaner that hazed the surface. He pulled it out and used a polish kit from a local plastics store.
It would be great if he were to post a few pics of it, or allow you to do so. Heck, he's be really welcome here on the forum. [:D] That's a pretty classy upgrade IMHO...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts