Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CLS500, 21" Interad Turismo Wheels, Renntech lowering module
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know how to do this? Is it as easy as popping out the old trim or do you have take the whole dashboard apart?

The factory trim on all the 06's that I've seen are matte finish, and it looks terrible.

I've seen kits like this that are available in a variety of colours:

·
Registered
6 Posts
That looks beautiful, where did you purchase the kit from? I'm interested in how to install as well, if you find a good source, please share

·
Registered
2006 CLS500, 21" Interad Turismo Wheels, Renntech lowering module
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks beautiful, where did you purchase the kit from? I'm interested in how to install as well, if you find a good source, please share
I didn't. Someone else did on here. I wanted to change out my trim but am not sure how to do it. Nobody on here has any real knowledge on how to work on these cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't. Someone else did on here. I wanted to change out my trim but am not sure how to do it. Nobody on here has any real knowledge on how to work on these cars.
Judging by the length of time its taken for anyone to reply quite clearly your correct ! come on guys - someone must know the source of this tasty dash trim, is is the brabus one? has anyone seen it before? can you get a piano black kit thats similar?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok so carbon interior trim

The kit looks like it may be an after market AMG kit ive heard rumours that to get this fitted after manufacturer would cost four thousand pounds which is just silly ! - im desperate to get rid of this wood trim and dress my car to impress - im in england so any online retailers or aftermarket retailers i would consider???

·
Registered
3 Posts
The kit looks like it may be an after market AMG kit ive heard rumours that to get this fitted after manufacturer would cost four thousand pounds which is just silly ! - im desperate to get rid of this wood trim and dress my car to impress - im in england so any online retailers or aftermarket retailers i would consider???
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w219-cls-class/1422751-feeler-carbon-fiber-interior.html#post3288030 is the ori post for the pictures above !

M

·
Registered
5 Posts
no you do not have to take the entire dash apart. there are several nuts that hold it in from the backside. some are in the left front corner of the glove box and the others are behind the covers on the side of the dash. there might be a couple more that i missed but i have mine out now so let me know if you need me to double ck. the piece actually has a metal backing so breaking it will not be a problem

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Ron. So if its carbon wrapped wood, then its not the real carbon I was looking for. For a peice that size, I would imagine that it would cost an arm and a leg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Checked with Steve from mercedes NL- says its $3K for the oem kit. I think thats about right for an interior kit oem, but dangit its a lot of money, better to leave the matte wood!

·
Registered
5 Posts
im going to paint most of it black with a black candy over it, i just have to play with the tops to the consoles until i get it right. i also changed the gray on the pillars and headliner to black suede. it should start going back togather next week so i should have some pics soon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Ron, where did you get the quote for 1550 wrapped wood carbon? Can you let me know? I think the installation charges would be equally as expensive, but I really wanna do something about this.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Well I got a quote a lot less than that one. I just need to pull parts out and send them to him. I will let you know how it all works out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts