Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1993 400 SEL
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed theirs cus i did yesterday and wats supposed to be a five minute thing turned into a 7 hour job had to unbolt the tranny just to get the housing that holds it in place out. When i was tryin to pull the old sensor out it broke and the rest was stuck inside and wouldnt come out wen i finally got to the bracket i had to put it in a vice i got the plastic part of the sensor out but the metal sleeve was still stuck frozen in the housing i was hammerin at it for like ten minutes before it came out. Turns out as my friend who's a mercedes tech told me since my car was a 93 i had the old design sensor which had a metal sleeve this type sensor is on 92-95 cars and the sleeve always stayed inside. i got home at 2 am, but as hard as it was experience cant be bought, so im passin this info on to you guys be prepared to pay labor as if u were droppin a tranny. sorry i dont have any pics of the work didnt think it was goin to take so long so i didnt take my camera. will be installin a pioneer navigation system tommoroe should be fun will take pics

1993 400 sel
2003 s class rims with michellin pilot as
pioneer receiver
face lifted rear end with new tail lights and head lights and s 600 grille

·
Registered
2009 S550 4Matic,1986 560SEL, 1986 560SEL, 1992 500SEL, 1999 S500
474 Posts
I've been playing with mine, shimming it out a little to diagnose a hard start problem. Just remove one Allen bolt and twist it out--no problems. My car is a 92 SEL500.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts