Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a simliar problem with my 99 S-420. I ended up buying a subscription from www.alldatadiy.com. It shows me how to do it but it seems a couple special tools are needed. I decided it was not a job for me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cluster pulls out of the dash with hooks that are slid in from the front on either side of the cluster. Once you have it out then there are two plugs in the upper left and rights corners that need to be unplugged. The bulb holders twist out from the back. The smaller bulbs are soldered on to two metal clips that hold them in. Some people replace them with LEDs but you have to know how to solder. Going to the dealer and buy new bulbs is your best bet. When you plug the cluster back in make sure that you plug the left side one in first and then the right one. The right one powers the cluster up and you want the sensors from the left one connected first. It just pushes back in to the dash. The whole operation is kind of tricky at first but once you have done it you will say that it was not so bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts