Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 ML350, 67K
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replacing Brake Pads & Rotors: Good Online Source for Genuine MB Parts?

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and just facing the task of replacing the brake pads and rotors on my '08 ML350. Did some searches here yesterday and decided to go DIY (thanks for detail instructions, tools suggestions, pictures, etc!).

I think I will go genuine. After visiting my dealer, got the following prices (I believe these are all MSRPs): Front Pads: $159; Front Rotors: $208; Rear Pads: $115; Rear Rotors: $194; Sensors: $25.20 -- all quotes are for sets of two. TOTAL = $701.20 (BDW, dealer quoted total labor at $625). All + TAX.

Then I went online, and found: "Mercedes Parts Center" (Mercedes Parts Center - Call (800) 587-4863 for Genuine Mercedes Parts and Accessories), claiming they sell genuine MB parts. They prices were respectively: $120.84; $158.08; $87.40; $147.44; $12.54. TOTAL = $526.30

Savings seem significant (probably will have to add shipping, but no tax), and here are my questions: Did anybody buy anything from this online store? Are they really selling what they claim? My biggest concern is that they DO NOT provide any parts numbers (I have checked them at EPCnet Online, so now can verify!). Also, for some parts they have few options to choose from, but item descriptions as well as prices are the same, so one cannot really tell the difference.

Finally, is there any other site out there selling genuine MB parts I should consider checking?

Thanks a lot in advance to all for any input!

Blazej

·
Registered
2008 ML350, 67K
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
www.getmercedesparts.com

Did a few more searches and I guess I have my answer now -- maybe someone else will find it helpful:

www . getmercedesparts . com, "powered" by Mercedes-Benz of Annapolis, MD, is a part of the network selling all Genuine MB parts online. I have found few more websites with the same "search engine" (including earlier mentioned www . mercedespartscenter . com), so it seems to me it is just an affiliate network of some sort, selling same staff.

Get Mercedes Parts dot Com seems most legitimate to me, since it claims affiliation with the "real" dealership (I wrote them an email to confirm it).

Here is what they say on their frontpage:

"getMERCEDESparts.com is dedicated to providing you with new, Genuine Factory Mercedes-Benz parts and accessories at huge discounts. We ship parts nationwide, sell at wholesale and offer nationwide warranty protection. We supply new OEM parts for all Mercedes-Benz models. Genuine Mercedes-Benz parts and accessories are the only parts designed and engineered exclusively for your vehicle. Genuine OEM Mercedes-Benz parts and accessories are created by the same corporate teams that developed your vehicle, so they are designed to fit, perform and wear exactly like your vehicle.

Start now by selecting one of the model catalogs above and begin shopping. Don't forget to check out our Mercedes-Benz parts and accessories specials and our popular Mercedes-Benz clothing and apparel from our Lifestyle Collection Catalog. We even have a Classic Collection section for the Mercedes-Benz enthusiast. Our team of Mercedes-Benz part experts is certified by MBUSA. If you have any questions for someone on our team, please call us Toll Free at 866-553-7463 between 8:00AM and 7:00PM Monday through Friday and 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Saturday".

Their prices for my pads & rotors were also a few bucks less than anywhere else, so unless my dealer matches it (ha, that's my clever idea), I will give those folks a try.

·
Registered
2008 ML350, 67K
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go Wholesale!

Final Update:

My local MB dealer matched all the on-line prices quoted from getMERCEDESparts . com

He confirmed them being wholesale (and told me that they are currently also working on setting up a similar on-line system; as I expected, it is the same search engine that all MB dealers can sign up for).

I am sure now I got what I needed and I am happy to support my local business (the only extra cost was the sales tax, but I saved on shippment :)

Hope this info will be helpful to someone in a similar situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts