Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'09 ML550, '07 335i coupe
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, our '98 E300 Turbo Diesel needs a new Fan Blower motor regulator for the climate control. We bought one from our part distributor and it was this big huge plate looking thing with heat sinks on it. The old one is a small black control box. Read all threads, here they don't make it anymore.

So, I got my hands on one from a W140 S-Class, BoSCH part # 9 140 010 099. Below it shows BEHR 90.943.02.225.

IT also shows MADE IN FRANCE, which I heard is a no-no, should get one made in Germany.
We got the part almost for free, will it work?? or is this just the wrong part?? OR will it work and then not last very long?? Please let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
1997 E420 Sport
262 Posts
grubster
I replied to your e-mail.
Use the one for the w140 made in france if you got it for almost nothing. What I said was that if you have to pay full for it, get the german.
I disagree in that you have to buy the whole motor.
You will need a good soldering gun and paste, plus a philips screwdriver. That´s all.

·
Registered
96' E320
307 Posts
Today I replaced the blower motor regulator in my 96. The part can be bought from Arizona Autohaus for $168 or the more expensive $198.

Just to add a side note: The cheaper regulator has a metal plate that directly mounts onto the blower itself. This plate (in my case) was too large and consiquently I had to modify the blower motor's metal housing to get the correct fit. This may not be your same problem but If so be prepaired to do some grinding.

Assuming that you have the right tools including a torq's socket, wire cutters and crimpers then the rest of the job was cake. Give yourself about an hour and maybe a good stretch (to get under the dash)[:D] Good Luck guys

·
Registered
1999 S500, 1991 420 SEL, 1986 560 SEL, 1977 6.9
2 Posts
Guest said:
Hi, our '98 E300 Turbo Diesel needs a new Fan Blower motor regulator for the climate control. We bought one from our part distributor and it was this big huge plate looking thing with heat sinks on it. The old one is a small black control box. Read all threads, here they don't make it anymore.

So, I got my hands on one from a W140 S-Class, BoSCH part # 9 140 010 099. Below it shows BEHR 90.943.02.225.

IT also shows MADE IN FRANCE, which I heard is a no-no, should get one made in Germany.
We got the part almost for free, will it work?? or is this just the wrong part?? OR will it work and then not last very long?? Please let me know, thanks!
I have a 99 S500 and the a/c blower motor quit. I bench checked the motor and it runs fine, how do I determine if the regulator is bad or if it is the controls?

·
Registered
96' E320
307 Posts
Yo Rick, In the E class the blower speed is reduced to less than half when the regulator dies. I don't know what your symtoms are but if that is the case its almost 100% the blower motor regulator. There is a way to do dyagnostics through the climate control unit. Id say check that first. Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts