Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-<br> I know this is extremely tacky, but I am going to change my CLK430 badge to the CLK55AMG. It just makes me feel happier. What do you guys think of this? If people ask me about the wheels,I'll just say that I didn't like the 55 wheels. If they ask about the exhaust, I dont know what to say (any suggestions.). If they ask about the lack of AMG symbols in the interior, I dont know what to say.<br> ANY HELP OR COMMENTS WOULD BE GREAT.<br> thanks<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
It's your car. Do whatever the hell you want. Since it doesn't hurt anyone else, I say go for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
CLK430 is a great car already, leave it alone...

I know guys who change badges on their BMWs and others always make fun of them. You have a beautiful car and I would strongly advise you to leave it the way it is. <br> <br> John J

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
If you've changed the wheels on your 430, I think it's hard to tell if it's a 55 or 430

do it if you want :eek:)

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Re: If you've changed the wheels on your 430, I think it's hard to tell if it's a 55 or 430

Don't do it, you can put the AMG badge since you have AMG wheels but not 55. <br> that's real tacky...<br> if anything, just debadge the car altogether then noone will no what you have.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
You have the 430, be happy with it. Don't say its something that its not.

You are right. Its tacky. Its better people see your car as the beautiful 430 that it is, than people thinking that you're a wannabe.<br> I've seen some really funny things around here. Like even a E320....took out the 3 and changed it to a 4....now who's heard of a E320 out there?<br> Or worse...a CLK 320, but changed it to a CLK 55 AMG! Now maybe that don't know that's obvious, but I think most others would.<br> A CLK 430 is a great car...I think you should be happy with it....I am. (just think back to when u first picked up your car! I think u were very happy then :) )

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Oh! Here's another point. Its like wearing a 'Made in China' Rolex watch...

From a distance its fine, but up close, you can tell :(<br> Just keep in mind, that you are already driving a Mercedes Benz. You don't want to be one of those guys driving around in a 4 door Acura Integra with a 'Type R' sticker on it! (I don't recall Acura making any 4 door Type R's.... :p )<br> <br> 430 still rules! A 55..even better...if its genuine! Be nice to your car...accept it the way she is, and don't hurt her feelings....bad!

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
when I wear my chinese Rolex while driving my CLK55AMG, nobody even questions it : )

Hand and wrist up against the pillar with the ragtop down in the CLK55 AMG makes the $45 watch shine like a $17K gem, even driving down Canal Street ; )

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
And one way to console her is to put some nice 19's, change springs, shocks, exhaust, intake, cams,

headers, nav... :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts