Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
It's like this guy that was selling his CLK320 and advertised it as the 2000 model AMG, I went to inspect it and the first thing I noticed is the CLK350 badge at the back, so I asked him, what's this badge gotta do with the car? He says, well, I added the AMG bodykit and the AMG wheels to it, so it looks exactly like the CLK350 AMG :) but wait that's not all, I opened the hood and the manufacturing plate says "manufactured in 1998"!!! I told him, your CLK320 is a '98 model. He goes, yeah, but it looks like a CLK350 AMG model, so that's what I put on the advert LOL :)

He was expecting people to buy it as a CLK350 AMG....what a bloody looser!!!

Just because the 'wheels' have the AMG logo on them, doesn't mean you can badge the car as such. The wheels are badged as MAG, because they are AMG. ...as far as the body kit goes, I don't even know if those are stamped with the logo, but that doesn't mean it justifies slapping the AMG badge on. The only thing an AMG badge on a non-AMG car reveals, is truth about its owner/driver.

What a MAN, what a MAN, what a mighty good mannnnnnn!

wait, what? I'm not gay.

Agreed. It also embarrasses the AMG tuning division name when "their car" gets smoked by a 330i. I paid $10k extra to trade-in for that AMG badge.

Just because the 'wheels' have the AMG logo on them, doesn't mean you can badge the car as such. The wheels are badged as MAG, because they are AMG. ...as far as the body kit goes, I don't even know if those are stamped with the logo, but that doesn't mean it justifies slapping the AMG badge on. The only thing an AMG badge on a non-AMG car reveals, is truth about its owner/driver.

What a MAN, what a MAN, what a mighty good mannnnnnn!

wait, what? I'm not gay.

lol - Cabby, I was reading my post in your quote reply, and at one point in my post I spelled AMG as 'MAG'. How embarrassing. :(

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.