Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having trouble changing a ml 280 2008 year bought a second hand one took it to the main dealer told me its a mercedes policy only to fit new ones because it needs a re programme is this right any help to get arround this would be appreciated thanks gareth

·
Registered
140 Posts
having trouble changing a ml 280 2008 year bought a second hand one took it to the main dealer told me its a mercedes policy only to fit new ones because it needs a re programme is this right any help to get arround this would be appreciated thanks gareth
Dealer being an idiot. Configuring a 'used' unit correctly is identical process to configuraing a new unit. The main issue is that if your car has nothing on its fibre optics (no HK, phone, VCS, Teleaid, CDC) and the donor unit came from one that did, it will display the MB star and turn off, and if vice-versa it will not see those items (and thus no sound if car has HK) *unless* it is reconfigured. Of course if car has reversing camera and unit wasnt configured for it then that wont work until reconfigured.

Just swop it over yourself, and if doesnt work properly find an independant with Star Diagnosis or Autlogix and tell them to run the 'initial startup' sequence

Removing is easy, open ashtray below the wood panel below the COMAND, push fingers up at bottom edge on oustide edges and pull bottom of that wood panel forward.
Then you'll see 2 screws at bottom of COMAND, remove and slide down the metal latches that were held in place by screws and remove the COMAND. Screws are TORX TX20.
About 10 minutes to swop

Cheers

Richard

·
Registered
790 Posts
GREAT / PERFECT response Richard!!!! I have to say, as a Mercedes Engineer, this is one of the few times someone has posted a perfect response that was accurate and not full of wivestale and BS. I spend more of my time answering phone calls from people that have bad information from these forums - it sometimes drive me crazy.

Thanks again for your participation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts