Thanks For your advice <br>
<br>
<br>
Jeff

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I run K&N's in my 2000 E55, I do not know of any other brand of 'aftermarket' filters for the E55, but Iam curious as to why you would run anything other than K&N?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: change filter need some advice

Hi Wade<br> thank for your reply , because the K&N filters is the only one I can find for aftermarket filters for E55 and I try to compare to another brands to see which one is better. btw how do you feels for your K&N filters anything different ? and do you know where is the E55's filter box I couldn't find it . <br> <br> Thanks<br> <br> Jeff

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Re: change filter need some advice

The whole air box assembly (from what I remember since Im not under the hood right now)is held in by these rubber clip type thingys. First remove the AMG cover, then proceed to remove the air box assembly by lifting straight up and maneuvering the box off of the top of the engine. On the underside of the box are about 12 allen head screws. Remove the screws, open the box, clean out the box of any debris, replace the filters with the new K&N's, slap everything back together. You will probably not notice a thing other than maybe a throatier tone and more of a 'whooshing' sound of the air entering the intake, and maybe a snapier throttle response, but nothing dramatic. I hope this helps and hopefully I got the whole installation correct for you, good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts