Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a black, 1999 E320, with AMG Monoblocks. I want to change the body kit and want get opinon from other Benz owners. I am considering E55 AMG, E430 sport, and Lorinser kits. I like the E55 kit but have read other foums where people call them 'fake' E55's which is not my intention. I also like the look of the sport pkg. I'm on the fence about Lorinser. I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Joe, the E55 kit is the same as the AMG kit you can buy elsewhere..

E430 Sport comes with the same kit.<br> <br> Some kits to look at :<br> www.carlsson.de<br> www.brabus.com<br> www.lorinser.com<br> www.waldusa.com<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Joe, the E55 kit is the same as the AMG kit you can buy elsewhere..

i'm not sure if that is true b/c the e55 rear has a exhaust cut out whereas the Sport does not.<br> just be aware that whatever body kit you buy, it will have to be for the yrs 96-99 since the body dimensions changed for 2000.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Change body kit --> Resale value?

Thanks Frank, Joe S. for your response. <br> I decided on the AMG kit since it is the same for E55 and E430 Sport. Also, I want a subtle change and this kit accomplishes that. I also would like opinions on what thoughts are on resale value with AMG kit change/upgrade: <br> * Would it increase or decrease trade-in or re-sale value?<br> * Would it make it more or less desireable on trade-in or re-sale?<br> Thanks for taking time to respond. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

it should not decrease or make less desirable at trade in b/c it is AMG (factory). it is so subtle and clean that it may not be noticeable to the next buyer.<br> <br> at the same time, i would not necessarily count on that increasing the resale value. it may be more desirable to the next buyer over a stock E-class, but you should not expect to recoup the investment you are planning to make right now.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks agian. I know I won't recoup investment, but I didn't want to do anything that would make more difficult to trade-in or sell.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Intelligent idea

Just keep the original body kit so you can simply put it back when you will want to sell the car, and this way you will be able to sell your ///AMG body kit as an aftermarket piece. You will make more $.

·
Registered
s500- 300td
92 Posts
Re: where is the best place to buy amg kit for a 97 420e

Don't use avantegarde or indra he will take your money and will cheat you.

Wayne

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
RE: The exhuast cutout is only on 2000-2002 AMG kits. No difference...

Guest (MBNZ) - 2/6/2002 10:07 AM

for the 96-99 kits.
I Have seen the Rear Bumpers on a 2000 W210 with and without the exhaust cut out..
I Ordered Two Bumpers for my W210 2000 and ONE came with the cut out...the other one did not..Same Part Numbers

Good Choice on the AMG kit...They hold up better compared to the Fiber glass kits!

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts

You can put the 2000+ E55 kit on a 96-99 all except for the front bumper. You can get the Sport rear bumper without the cut out or the E55 rear bumper with the cut out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts