Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SLK230, 2002 VW Jetta TDI, 1999 BMW R1100, 2007 Triumph Tiger
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I recently, in March, purchased a 2000 SLK 230 Kompressor with retractable hardtop and only 30,157 miles. I normally wouldn't even shop in the Benz market but was looking for my first convertible with the following requirements: used, low mileage, automatic (I've never had one before :) and within my budget. I would have settled for any convertible with that description and found this little gem for less than any other. Thank God, I really didn't want a Mercury Capri!!! I had one relative tell me he was "appalled" that in this economy I would be purchasing luxury items. Well, it was cheaper than a minivan or a Taurus or any other shmo-mobile.

Since I live in Michigan, today was only my second opportunity to drive with the top down and it was fabulous. However, what goes down must go up and therein lies my problem. The corner flaps of the rear shelf are staying straight up and are "wedged" between the shelf and the window. I now have two holes in my window tint but thankfully the gouging missed the defroster lines.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem and if so, how can it be fixed? It's not really making sense because the the cables are only so long and they are taut at the point where they are sticking straight up. Any insight will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Jean

·
Registered
1983 300D Turbo Diesel
1,799 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts