Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2008 AMG CLK63 Conv., 2012 R350 4-Matic, Wife's 2015 C300 sedan
10,473 Posts
I don't like adding magic potions but if it worked for you and you're happy...

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
8,207 Posts
What keeps that tensioner working properly ?

Is it oil pressure or just spring pressure ?

·
Registered
2008 B170
192 Posts
after adding some hydraulic lifter noise stopper additive (Liqui Moly 20004 Hydraulic Lifter Additive) rattling sound dissapeared. I believe chain tensioner couldn't get proper oil pressure because of clogged oil passage ways and this additive cleaned them. what do you think?
Excellent that it has fixed the noise, the big concern is if your theory of clogged oil passage ways is correct, then what has the servicing/oil quality/correct oils been in order to have clogged passages? Will there be other issues on the horizon from these possible sources.

Myself I would run it with this additive for about 500-1000 km and then do a complete oil and filter change using the correct MB approved oil and filter.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Excellent that it has fixed the noise, the big concern is if your theory of clogged oil passage ways is correct, then what has the servicing/oil quality/correct oils been in order to have clogged passages? Will there be other issues on the horizon from these possible sources.

Myself I would run it with this additive for about 500-1000 km and then do a complete oil and filter change using the correct MB approved oil and filter.
I'm using mb approved oil, actually I get oil from the dealer. I don't know if it affected other oil passage ways I'm planning to flush and renew the oil but I change oil every 5000 kms so it is a bit complicated but additive fixed the problem right away (or masked I don't know but sound dissapeared).

·
Registered
B180 CDI Sport 6sp '09
229 Posts
If you want to clean your engine, buy a new oil filter and put fresh oil ( cheaper one that fulfills all the specs) and dump it after 7-10 days of driving.
and your wasting money on Dealer oil, buy Mobil1 Super 3000 or EPS formula, or even MOTUL it's fully synthetic. Ur wasting money
Your oil already has all the needed aditives in it. I know that LM makes one of the best products. You can dislocate the bigger soot and block the oil passages. Flush with cheap oil is a much safer option for your engine.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts