Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the chance to install ceramic brake pads on the 140. Went with Akebono brand pads for both front and rear.

Had this on my previous 300SE and I loved it. Have these on my other cars and they are great. I do notice its a little weak especially when things are cold but is up to normal once the engine and rotors warm up.

So Sunday morning I washed my rims for the last time with black brake soot :thumbsup:

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
6,543 Posts
We do not have those in the UK,, I use the EBC red pads, the formula has changed and now very good from cold.

I have them on my SL500 and V70R, they are still quite new on the 140 but that is next in line

·
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent really ventured to other brands. Was from OEM then to Akebono. Same with the other cars Ive tried

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have these after someone from the forum recommended them years ago.

A little weaker in "bite" compared to OEM pads, but my wheels are still clean even after a month of not cleaning them.

Compare that to OEM pads that turn your wheels to charcoal after a week :surrender:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
That's awesome. I remember having to constantly clean the wheels because of the brake dust. Drove me crazy! If there's anything I hate it's dirty wheels.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I'll definitely go with this brand when I need brake pads.

I am sick of having to clean my wheels every 2 or 3 days. Mainly because it takes so long to clean each wheel to perfection. I just waxed my passenger side rims today with aircraft/boat wax so I'll see how it holds up compared to the unwaxed rims

·
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll definitely go with this brand when I need brake pads.

I am sick of having to clean my wheels every 2 or 3 days. Mainly because it takes so long to clean each wheel to perfection. I just waxed my passenger side rims today with aircraft/boat wax so I'll see how it holds up compared to the unwaxed rims
do it!

Fronts are EUR689 $69, Rears EUR603 $34. Comes with sensors as well

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
do it!

Fronts are EUR689 $69, Rears EUR603 $34. Comes with sensors as well
congrats that is an excellent price. for that price i wouldn't minding buying a set and trying them out, but i can't use w140 pads on mine, but i will buy the rear one.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
6,543 Posts
HI all
I have replaced brake pads befor but not on my 93 s320 are there any things to watch out for
Nothing at all and just standard as most others. Not everyone changes the sensor wires, but one should, and you must if the brake wear lamp has come on

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
that car looks great with those rims
Thanks for the compliment. These are staggered 18" polished alloy rims from a W211 sport model. I was trying to find some 18" AMG monoblocks but these popped up in my area so I went with this set up instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts