Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ML 270 CDI, 2001.

The auto-dimming central rear view mirror is showing a dark blue tinted band (about 3/4" wide) along the bottom of the mirror, and a similar bright yellow band along the top.

This happened today suddenly. It must have started up like it: I noticed 500m from home.
It severely impeded my rear vision at that point.

Yesterday I left the key on after winding the windows up. So this was a jump start from another vehicle, and it took 2 minutes to charge enough to start.

That could be related, I don't know.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,833 Posts
I have an ML 270 CDI, 2001.

The auto-dimming central rear view mirror is showing a dark blue tinted band (about 3/4" wide) along the bottom of the mirror, and a similar bright yellow band along the top.

This happened today suddenly. It must have started up like it: I noticed 500m from home.
It severely impeded my rear vision at that point.

Yesterday I left the key on after winding the windows up. So this was a jump start from another vehicle, and it took 2 minutes to charge enough to start.

That could be related, I don't know.
Mirror is made from two layers with electrolyte between them. Yours delaminated and electrolyte has flowed to the bottom.
Get replacement from bone yard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Actually it's fine! Restarted with a full charge the mirror came right.

It must have been the flat battery, the fault happened after a jumpstart, and the mirror had the blue band across the bottom and the bright greenish-yellow across the top.

But, restarted today with now a fully charged battery the mirror is fine. Clear right across .... obviously it didn't like initiating the auto-dimming screen with a low battery voltage to start with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts