Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

My central locking system of the W202, 1995 year of manufacture has failed.

I now have to use the key to open, and just one door (drivers side) opens and the rest don't.

Kindly advise on how to about this problem.

Regards,

Joseph

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stupid bits first.

Have you checked the fuse?

Can the button on the dash operate the central locking at all?

If none of the above.
Checked the battery for the remote? (unsure which remote you have) but does the light come on if you hold down the button, or one of?

If you have checked all the above, then it gets on to more complicated things like the vacuum pump and other things.
Report back your findings.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Central locking Failure

Thanks alot for your reply.

These are the observations as requested by you in that order.

The fuse is OK.

The lock/unlock button on the dashboard does not operate the central locking at all.

The batteries on the remote were replaced, and when I oprate the remote, the hazard lights come on and off.

Those are the observations.

Thanks and regards,

Joseph

Stupid bits first.

Have you checked the fuse?

Can the button on the dash operate the central locking at all?

If none of the above.
Checked the battery for the remote? (unsure which remote you have) but does the light come on if you hold down the button, or one of?

If you have checked all the above, then it gets on to more complicated things like the vacuum pump and other things.
Report back your findings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Joseph

Okay, it would seem as though you have a problem with the vacuum system then.

From reading on a few forums the common item to go seems to be the vacuum pump located in your trunk, (typically right side of vehicle) You may apparently be able to hear the pump attempting to engage, if this is the case you have a vacuum leak somewhere which will need to be traced and tended to.

If there is so clicking then it's possible the pump itself has gone and needs replacing.

I am by no means an expert, simply going by what others have posted, hopefully someone more experienced can respond.

But perhaps check the boot first and observe if you can infact hear any 'clicking'

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Central locking system failure

Thank you once again for your post.

I will check it and get back to you ASAP.

Thanking once again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts