Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
W220 S320 CDI 2005; W140 S280 1994 (Sold Nov. 2012)
867 Posts
can any one identify the corresponding function of the vacuum holes ?
ZV = central locking: vacuum & pressure (6 yellow lines)
RH = reversing assist: vacuum & pressure (2 orange lines)
SFG = rectractable boot (trunk) handle: vacuum & pressure (1 black line)
FKS = rear head restraints: vacuum (2 white with blue stripe lines)
PU or P- = manifold vacuum-dependent functions: vacuum (1 transparent line)
PÜ or P+ = orthopaedic back-rest: pressure (3 grey lines)

That's how mine was connected before I replaced it with the later version. Don't know why there are 3 connections for the back-rests.

Mike

·
Registered
222 Posts
ZV = central locking: vacuum & pressure (6 yellow lines)
RH = reversing assist: vacuum & pressure (2 orange lines)
SFG = rectractable boot (trunk) handle: vacuum & pressure (1 black line)
FKS = rear head restraints: vacuum (2 white with blue stripe lines)
PU or P- = manifold vacuum-dependent functions: vacuum (1 transparent line)
PÜ or P+ = orthopaedic back-rest: pressure (3 grey lines)

That's how mine was connected before I replaced it with the later version. Don't know why there are 3 connections for the back-rests.

Mike
So you changed this model of pump to a newer model?

I didn't know you could do that.

·
Registered
867 Posts
So you changed this model of pump to a newer model?

I didn't know you could do that.
As far as I know, you cannot now buy new the version that has the push-on manifold plate shown in cool's photo - more's the pity. Instead you buy the newer version which has one connection per pneumatic line and requires a heap of pipe fittings to split the hose connections, as necessary. It turns something that was designed into something that looks like the cat dragged it in. Below are C&Ps from AutohausAZ's catalogue which is where I bought my pump - a lot cheaper than the UK price - or at least it was when there were two $s to the £!

Vacuum Pump; For Central Locking System/Comfort Group
May also need up to (6) 2028000253 vacuum hose reducer adapters, (2) 2108000322 6-way connector, 2108000422 2-way connector, (2) 0009871145 hose plugs, and 0079976182 hose. The original plug-in vacuum harness may need modification or bypassing if not already updated to this latest version. Please specify part number on existing unit for verification prior to ordering. As this is now the 4th supercession replacement there may be a number of Mercedes dealer parts required to complete the repair in addition to the vacuum and electrical schematics.
Vacuum Pump; 2-Way Connector
For vacuum pump 0132006399 modification/update to latest version.
Vacuum Pump; 6-Way Connector
Vacuum Pump; Adapter Fitting for Vacuum Pump
For vacuum pump 0132006399 modification/update to latest version. Up to 6 per car.
Vacuum Pump; Black Rubber; 3mm ID x 8mm OD; For vacuum pump update. Sold by the meter.
Vacuum Pump; Hose Plug

Mike

·
Registered
222 Posts
As far as I know, you cannot now buy new the version that has the push-on manifold plate shown in cool's photo - more's the pity. Instead you buy the newer version which has one connection per pneumatic line and requires a heap of pipe fittings to split the hose connections, as necessary. It turns something that was designed into something that looks like the cat dragged it in. Below are C&Ps from AutohausAZ's catalogue which is where I bought my pump - a lot cheaper than the UK price - or at least it was when there were two to the £!

Vacuum Pump; For Central Locking System/Comfort Group
May also need up to (6) 2028000253 vacuum hose reducer adapters, (2) 2108000322 6-way connector, 2108000422 2-way connector, (2) 0009871145 hose plugs, and 0079976182 hose. The original plug-in vacuum harness may need modification or bypassing if not already updated to this latest version. Please specify part number on existing unit for verification prior to ordering. As this is now the 4th supercession replacement there may be a number of Mercedes dealer parts required to complete the repair in addition to the vacuum and electrical schematics.
Vacuum Pump; 2-Way Connector
Vacuum Pump; 6-Way Connector
Vacuum Pump; Adapter Fitting for Vacuum Pump
For vacuum pump 0132006399 modification/update to latest version. Up to 6 per car.
Vacuum Pump; Black Rubber; 3mm ID x 8mm OD; For vacuum pump update. Sold by the meter.
Vacuum Pump; Hose Plug

Mike
Do you have a picture of your current pump with all the modifications? That would be AMAZINGLY useful.

Some things I am not understanding is there is not a 3 to 1 converter for the headrests.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Do you have a picture of your current pump with all the modifications? That would be AMAZINGLY useful.

Some things I am not understanding is there is not a 3 to 1 converter for the headrests.
There is a pic that was posted recently of such a pump (it looks a bit tidier than mine) - click on this link:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1476910-cannot-find-close-assist-pump.html#post3766743

As far as I know there is no 3 to 1 converter available (for the back-rests, btw). You can see in the pic that a second 6-way is used with 3 of the outlets sealed off.

Mike

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would've hoped that Mercedes had come up with a better solution. Thanks so much for the pictures. Will come in handy when it is time to replace that sucker.

·
Registered
1997 S280
183 Posts
There is a pic that was posted recently of such a pump (it looks a bit tidier than mine) - click on this link:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1476910-cannot-find-close-assist-pump.html#post3766743

As far as I know there is no 3 to 1 converter available (for the back-rests, btw). You can see in the pic that a second 6-way is used with 3 of the outlets sealed off.

Mike
Just a quick heads up re this version of the pump..

I did the classic "what does this do" and pulled off one of the connectors... similar design to older style pump but in reverse, three flaps and sealing ring on pipe - pulled it off and then when I pushed it back on it would not seal. I tried cable ties to pull the lugs together but they slid off. In the end I HAD to use a dap of superglue... I sure hope I dont have to remove that one again... or any of them for that matter. I imagine replacing any part of that is costly. Seems they are designed to go on ONCE and once only. Remove at your own risk !

·
Banned
1996 S600 1991 560SEL 1995 S500 2009 S550
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dan there is a proper way to pull and push it back in, but since you have already use super glue on it would be too late to reverse the process. Those hoses and plugs are meant for life i mean for a long long life span, and I can assure your car may be dead after several decades those plugs will still be there.

·
Registered
1996 Mercedes-Benz S 600 L (W140)
1,272 Posts
Oh guys, i am so interested although i am so ignorant on what is this...

But keep up i am reading and searching and learning.

·
Registered
w211 (E280), 2008
53 Posts
My rear door doesn't unlock

Hi,

I own E320 make 1998 and I have a problem in one of my rear doors. It doesn't unlock in any ways unless I slightly pull the internal handle of the door. But it looks normally whenever the 4 doors do. Anyone faced that problem before?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same pump I am selling -- I bought it 3 months ago for a small fortune, and blew the motor on my S420. If interested, let me know

Jason

·
Registered
w211 (E280), 2008
53 Posts
Jason,

I didn't spot the problem yet. And most probably it's not the bump. It happens to one door only and the door locks normally. Just doesn't unlock. I'll try my best and will let you know if I need your bump

·
Registered
1987 230E silver W124 (sold). 1991 W140 400SEL silver.C280 W202 Silver (RIP) 2006 W203 C220 CDI
100 Posts
Does this pump operate the AC flaps?

·
93 SL500, 95 SL320, 96 S320, 98 S500, 2002 E320 4Matic Wagon & A little 91 5.0 FORD Mustang
7,949 Posts
The answer is NO, buttttttttt......If the pump has a leak on +P line you will not get the center vents to work.

Since the picture of that pump on this thread is for 91/92/93 cars, those series of cars have the vacuum wye's in the engine area infront of the computer coffin(on American cars) . You guys with the WRONG steering wheel location.

Lastly, the 91/92/93 cars PSE on those cars has a nice feature for all those hoses. ONE DOES NOT NEED TO REMOVE ALL THE HOSES, but slide out a key to remove the top manifold.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/2226626-another-pse-connection-question.html#post10891746

If you have a Hella pump, they are prone to more leaks. The BOSCH is the better pump.

Martin

·
Premium Member
'97 CL600
2,855 Posts
Baddar,
There is a vacuum module for each door lock that raises or lowers the lock button (and the locks). It sounds like your rear door vacuum module is shot. I am replacing one of mine next week. Another fix I understand is tye wrapping the module closed but here at least they are relatively cheap and I will go with new ones.
Anziani

1 - 17 of 17 Posts