Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2002 Sprinter van. It has central locking that works with key in drivers door or with a keyfob. Everything unlocks fine, however the rear door and the passenger side door do not lock and I have to go and lock them manually. Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks.
\sam

·
Registered
80 Posts
check the contacts on the sliding door and see if they are bent or broken.

the central locking locks in 2 circuits on that vehicle. It may think one of the rear doors are open therefore will not lock, you can lock the vehicle 3 times and it will forcibly lock. if you get no actuation one of the central locking actuators is probably stuffed.

·
Registered
Mercedes Sprinter 316 4x4 2005 Self converted to camper 5 seats single front double bed in back and
2 Posts
Ive just fixed a central locking issue. Problem was needing to double lock on fob but back door not locking. Cause: The back door barn door linking cable between lock and inner handle "the cable retention clip before the cranked end nipple attached to the backside of the indoor door handle was put in upside down" causing I think too much friction..
Sorry about the wording. If you have rebuilt the door changed a hinge etc check the cable routing as it can fit both ways.
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts