Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92' 300 SEL
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rebuilt my pump. Pump works fine, orthopedic seats, trunk handle, backup rods all work fine. Except central locking. Spend about 4 hours searching for threads regarding common issues, but no luck. The pump ignores either the switch or turning the key in the door lock from the outside.

Any guesses? The pump needs to be reset? If so how to do this, without taking off the battery?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I guess it could be the central locking pump circuit board or the electrical connector not deliever the signal to the box.
I have a different problem which I can prove the circuit board could go wrong, here are the problems I have and they both related to central locking pump
problem 1, trunk lid handle slowly come out after closing correctly
problem 2, door does not lock itself when driving over 5 mile per hour, I already do the needed programing.

here is what I try:
1) replace a good working central locking pump, everything works fine as what it should be. this rule out mechanical issue on trunk lid handle and wireing issue to central locking pump
2) dis-connect the vacum line while the trunk lid handle still in, and trunk lid handle remain in. this prove vacum leak will not cause the trunk lid handle come out
3) put the old pump back, with a new motor, everything work except those two items remain not working, here is what I understand, in order for trunk lid handle come out, it actually need to pump air into the handle to push it out.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Just rebuilt my pump. Pump works fine, orthopedic seats, trunk handle, backup rods all work fine. Except central locking. Spend about 4 hours searching for threads regarding common issues, but no luck. The pump ignores either the switch or turning the key in the door lock from the outside.

Any guesses? The pump needs to be reset? If so how to do this, without taking off the battery?
There is a second pump for the central locking and it is under the right rear seat.

·
Registered
W220 S320 CDI 2005; W140 S280 1994 (Sold Nov. 2012)
867 Posts

Have you checked for any broken wires or damaged pins in the connectors to the PSE pump? Also check over the pcb for any damage or stray bits of solder, etc. after the rebuild. I don't know of any reset procedure.

Mike

·
Registered
92' 300 SEL
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some kind of wiring problem is one of the guesses too, but it looks fine. Also all worked fine before the motor rebuild.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Have you tried locking/unlocking using the boot (trunk) lock? I had some wierd interactions with this when my PSE pump had failed and I was locking with the key.

Mike

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yes, I tried, with no luck, just doesn't do anything...
Could the inputs it gets from the ATA system have got it confused? Perhaps pulling the ATA's fuse might do something - not sure which one as it depends on year.

Mike

·
Registered
92' 300 SEL
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting thing! It worked for two days with no problem! Except, orthopedic seats quit doin' their job. And today agan, no CL, haven't checked did orthopedic seats start working... Strange, i'm quite confused.. But nowhere to get another pump to check( And also my closing assist pump quit working lately, disassembly cleared the situation, motor seized. damn.. Just about month ago everything was working perfect, and now a bucket of problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.