Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
S600, ML55
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this very nice forum and I appreciate the combined info on technical info.
I just purchased my second W140 a 92 500SEL in nice condition with some technical problems.(The first one is a 94 S420 with more problems)That can wait until I can fix the 500SEL!

I read already some info on the close assist but could not figure out where to find the vacuum pump. Could you please tell me where to find it and what i would have to remove to repair (replace it). The symptoms are :
no central lock and unlock
doors have no close assist
the trunk latch does not work
the little antennas stay inside

I am a DIYer and hopefully able to fix this

thanks!!

·
Registered
94 s420 98 s420
537 Posts
RE: See my post in the "knowledge base" thread at the top of the forum.

Make sure its nothing as simple as a fuse before you go thru the hassle and money replacing the whole pump which I believe the one you need is under the rear seat. Actually it looks like your having trouble with both pumps, I believe the central locking and close assist use two differnt pumps, one in the trunk and one under the seat. There are great write ups on both as brett mentioned just use the search button, best of luck.

·
Registered
S600, ML55
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, I did nor realize I could search.
I have unplugged the fuse and reinstalled it now the 4 doors have closing assist. The trunk has no assist, the handle does not retract and and the little antennas do not extend in reverse. Oh yes and the lumbar support does not inflate. I did not know that there are two circuits to lock/unlock and assist closing.
Where should I start. I can lock/unlock only by key and only one lock at a time.

Thanks
Werner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts