Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 GTD
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have an old 460 300GD ,and i was wondering if anyone has fitted central door locks, quickly and easily,may the older system from w 123?

·
Registered
1987 300GD, 1987 300TD, 1991 300TE, 1992 300TE 4M, 1968 Citroen AK250, 1991 VW Syncro Camper
494 Posts
I have not done this on a gwagen but I have done this to other vehicles. I would stay away from the vaccuum system on the 123's as it is prone to problems and just go to an electric system with an IR or radio remote. You will need some solenoids to work the locks. They can be bought as universal fits or if you could get some from a gwagen which had the central lock system (electric) like on my G500. It should not be a difficult thing. You can hook up an alarm and ignition imobilizer with one of these systems as well. I have used the CrimeGuard system in the past with good luck - JC Whitney and other places have these for less than $60 plus you will have to buy the solenoids.

Good luck!

·
Registered
280 ges 1989
321 Posts
I would agree – stay away from the vacuum stuff. I have used www.crutchfield.com Crime Guard REC-11 (Remote keyless conversion) with good effect on my wdb124 – no problems in 2 years. They also sell the actuators.
My 460 has had some of the actuators replaced with after market ones which seem to work ok. Should be relatively simple – just a matter of attaching the actuators to the door frame and locking rod – they supply full instructions and their help line is useful if you get any problems. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts