Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 clk 320
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i ahve a c230 coupe and i am curious to know if there is a center speaker in the stock system. if not how can i add one and what speaker do you guys suggest? has anyone added a center speaker?

·
Registered
1987 560sec
297 Posts
no speaker in the middle. and if u were sking about the grill in the dash, it's obviousl...

no speaker in the middle. and if u were sking about the grill in the dash, it's obviously a vent.

·
Registered
2003 clk 320
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2003 Options
Premium Sound System

Bose sound system with 8 speakers including ...

2003 Options
Premium Sound System

Bose sound system with 8 speakers including a dash-mounted center fill speaker and a 9" Nd Neodymium Iron Boron high-efficiency woofer. Bose AudioPilot digital processing helps compensate for unwanted ambient noise with no perceived change in audio volume.

this came straight from the mercedes website...there is a center speaker for bose. im asking if there is one for the stock system and if not how to change it

·
Registered
1987 560sec
297 Posts
hmmmmm, i never knew that, i have a euro c320 and i don't have any center speaker, maybe...

hmmmmm, i never knew that, i have a euro c320 and i don't have any center speaker, maybe in the coupe, well i'm guessing if they HAVE a speaker in the bose stereo, then there IS a place that the speaker goes into, and if you didn't have it in your non bose stereo, then you'll be able to add one in that empty spot that was reserved for the bose stereo, but i don't knwo where the bose stereo center channel is. go to your dealership and have a look at one with the bose, or you can wait till i decide to buy one [:D] . but i'm thinking if you change your whole system, especially with a dvd based setup, the center channel space will create a WONDERFUL soundstage. i'll look this up and try to figure out this center speaker thing. keep you updated. goodluck.

·
Registered
1987 560sec
297 Posts
ok, i just took a look around and made some calls. you have 6 speakers, two in back, and...

ok, i just took a look around and made some calls. you have 6 speakers, two in back, and four in your doors, which are two woofers and two tweeters. and this should mean that you have an empty space where the center speaker goes.

·
Registered
2003 clk 320
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a lot...im going to go and check in my car and try adn open it up aand look if th...

thanks a lot...im going to go and check in my car and try adn open it up aand look if there is space for a speaker...will reply if any news, thanks!

·
Registered
2003 clk 320
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey i tried opening it up but decided to stop half way cuz it was messing up my leather....

hey i tried opening it up but decided to stop half way cuz it was messing up my leather. i went to mercedes and asked them and like always they didn't know a thing but they did know that there is a center speaker for the bose sytem and it costs around $45 once i open it carefully and if there are wires im gonna buy the speaker and wire it to the pre-installed wires(if any)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts