Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to remove the center proshaft to grease it, but I saw that the rubber boot is cut in two spots.
I made a quick search in EPC and I saw that although there is a gasket kit for the center propshaft, it is not valid for my model designation.
The part number is not even shown. The G400 CDI center propshaft is the same only with the G55.
The gasket kit available is A4634100028, but it is for all the other G models-that also have different center propshaft part numbers.

I would really need some help from any G55 owners that had the rubber boots replaced, in order to find an OEM or aftermarket gasket kit.

I think that the kit is not valid for G400 and G55, probably because the propshaft may be "stronger" to withstand the extra torque, so it may have bigger diameter than the rest.

Any advice is more than welcome.

Best Regards,
Thanos

p.s: I attach a photo of EPC, without filters.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also a DIY here:
http://www.*****************/disc/forums/showthread.php?tid=17736&posts=4&start=1

Mark

Sorry BW does not like that website. Perhaps if you PM me or PM me your email I can pass it along to you.
the ***************** is supposed to read without the spaces: p o i n t e d t h r e e . c o m
Thanx for the instant reply mate.

I am aware about the DIY , the problem is that the gasket kit is for all the other propshafts.
In my G400 cdi and in the g55, the propshaft number is a4634100802, and according to EPC there is no gasket kit available for this propshaft. ,there is a photo like the one i attached, but when i select it it says not valid for this model...

Any tip?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts