Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do these really need the extra thousands ?

quote: Cuomo had promised to let a temporary 2009 rate hike from 6.85% to 8.97% on income over $500,000 expire, as scheduled, at the end of 2011. The new deal does allow the 2012 rate to drop all the way back to 6.85% on income below $2 million. But for income above $2 million, the rate will be shaved by just fractions, to 8.82%. The new top rate, assuming the deal goes through, would be in effect for 2012, 2013 and 2014.

New York Decides It Takes $2 Million To Be Rich -- For Tax Rates That Is - Forbes

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Hey mlfie, did you see Qdaffy get that shiv shoved up his ass?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Actually it is around an extra 40k less they would be paying (at the 2mill level). It's their money, I don't see why the government needs an extra 40k of one persons money. People in this tax bracket pay the majority of the taxes in this country. Yes they can afford it, but that doesn't mean everyone else should get to benefit from it. Try not to look at is as a percentage, if you do you disguise how much money these people are actually handing over to the government. I am no where near this tax bracket but when I look at my pay check ever other week I get pissed. Imagine how these people feel. I know I know poor them, but the majority of the people in this income range are self made . I'm not going to get into a debate about how they are self made and who they may took advantage off, because I am well aware of how and why many Americans are loosing jobs. However, I think hitting these people in their check books isn't going to change anything. It will require a major business culture change, we need to have more pride in what we do. We need to value hard work. There is just to many damn non value added peoples hands in the cookie jar that only care about how wall street values their jar

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
What a bunch of horseshit. Who benefits the most from our society?

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
More horseshit. You live in a stable of some sort?

·
Registered
24,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually it is around an extra 40k less they would be paying (at the 2mill level). It's their money, I don't see why the government needs an extra 40k of one persons money. People in this tax bracket pay the majority of the taxes in this country. Yes they can afford it, but that doesn't mean everyone else should get to benefit from it. Try not to look at is as a percentage, if you do you disguise how much money these people are actually handing over to the government. I am no where near this tax bracket but when I look at my pay check ever other week I get pissed. Imagine how these people feel. I know I know poor them, but the majority of the people in this income range are self made . I'm not going to get into a debate about how they are self made and who they may took advantage off, because I am well aware of how and why many Americans are loosing jobs. However, I think hitting these people in their check books isn't going to change anything. It will require a major business culture change, we need to have more pride in what we do. We need to value hard work. There is just to many damn non value added peoples hands in the cookie jar that only care about how wall street values their jar
You must be a paid member of the 'rat party.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No i just think in this country, more than any other country in the world, we have the opportunity to pursue happiness. There is one term in the "pursuit of happiness" that people often forget and that is "pursuit." If you want something in your going to have to pursue it by working your butt off. If that doesn't work there is always something else. We are not owed or guaranteed anything just by being a citizen.

I think one problem we have is that people think a college degree is a golden ticket. There are plenty hard working jobs in america that you can land without a college education. If you are pursuing happiness by working hard and taking pride in your work you can be successful in these jobs as well. People think that just by going to college they are owed a job. You still have to prove yourself.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can you believe New York of all places, 60% looney lib infested, lowering taxes on the
rich ?
I'm more concerned with the root of the wealth gap problem, I don't think taxes are the answer. Need to address how these people got so rich. Did they outsource american jobs? Do they sell foreign products.....wait this is a foreign car forum. America if you want to keep your jobs you have to be willing to pay for goods and services made in the US.

I am not pro union at all, however they were founded for a good reason. To protect the worker. During the industrial revolution the main concern was someone making money at the expense of human health. Well now we've regulatory bodies that protect workers. Maybe we should be concerned with someone making money at the expense of the welfare of its employees. maybe people in companies should be more concerned about why their CEO is getting rich off their hard work.

All in all I think the majority of hard working Americans are underpaid. And by working I am not referring to people who simply make money off someone hard work. I think we've allowed corporations to take advantage of their employees. CEO's with stock options have a lot to gain by exploiting their workers. It's removed pride, its removed loyalty, its removed dignity and its time to stop.

Now... I have no Idea how to do that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts