Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML320 w/101k miles
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have headrests for the center rear seat (quantity 3) for sale? Java leather ML320 year 2000.

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2000 C280
920 Posts
The model year 2000 center headrests are often removed by owners because the headrests block the rear view mirror. A safety features becomes a safety hazard. I removed mine and just keep it as a spare. I wouldn't spend too much on one as it will most likely just be removed again.

DelJ

thomasda - 4/6/2005 12:42 PM

Anyone have headrests for the center rear seat (quantity 3) for sale? Java leather ML320 year 2000.

·
Registered
2001 ML320 w/101k miles
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I will keep that in mind. If you are interested in selling yours please let me know of a price. I installed a VES and have kids and would like to have them for kid safty.
Doug

·
Registered
2005 CLK 320 Convertable
33 Posts
Assuming "java" is the tan/beige color i have, i can sell you mine. I took it out for the very reason mentioned above. make me an offer, keeping in mind it will cost at least $10 to ship. Please e-mail me direct at [email protected]

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
If you keep the rear headrests all the way down, except when someone is riding there, and you adjust the rearview correctly you'll find that the rear headrests are barely visible. That way you wouldn't need to defeat a major safety feature of your car.

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2000 C280
920 Posts
Not true. I just reinstalled my center headrest and verified that it blocks a significant portion of the rear view even when positioned all the way down. I don't know what you mean by "adjust the rearview correctly", as setting the mirror isn't rocket science.

I am a "ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" type of guy and so I say it is better to have the visibility to avoid an accident in the first place. Besides, I can always reinstall the center headrest at a moment's notice so there has been no real compromise of a safety device.

DelJ

bigcatny - 4/8/2005 4:53 PM

If you keep the rear headrests all the way down, except when someone is riding there, and you adjust the rearview correctly you'll find that the rear headrests are barely visible. That way you wouldn't need to defeat a major safety feature of your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts