Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get matched paint for my faded red center console?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1983 380SL, 2000 S430, 1991 420SEL (retired) - RHD
5,350 Posts
I'm sure there are many vinyl paints on the market in the US, however you may find color matching a problem as your dash has probably faded as well, so the interior color code would only match the original un -faded color. Many forum members have used these paints so I'm sure you will get some local responses. Good luck.:)

·
Registered
'79 450SL, '04 CLK200 convertible; former A124, W210, A209.
1,489 Posts
Have a look y at volico.de, I used a few of Konrads pains between CLK and the 107,and worked great every time.

·
Premium Member
1987 560SL
2,349 Posts
p.s. may as well paint the dash to match. I did this as follows:
1- fill all cracks with vinyl repair, these kits come with texture matching fabrics. Color is irrelevant.
2- mask all areas not to be painted. Cover seats with a tarp in case of overspray.
3- stick saran wrap or clear plastic food wrap to the inside of windshield.
4- Shine lights through the windscreen so you can see what you spray.
5- two coats, peel the mask.
6- perfect results.

·
Registered
560SL '88 Suzuki GS1000E '78
152 Posts
Hi gonomo,
it may not help you much regarding your original question but I purchased a leather-paint at a German online-store (lederdoktor.de).
I sent these guys one of my headrests and they mixed the appropriate color. When I received the paint, I recognized by reading the manual, that it was suitable for plastic as well. So, I could renew my center console and a lot more.
What I try to say: If you find the right product, you can renew all of your interieur with one product (it seems that at least the right side of your driver seat needs some attention as well).
As @miko wrote, Volico is very good, but also located in Germany. @Racediagnostic used a stuff from Kolorbond very successful:

Regards Martin

·
Registered
1986 560 SL
7,315 Posts
Hi gonomo,
it may not help you much regarding your original question but I purchased a leather-paint at a German online-store (lederdoktor.de).
I sent these guys one of my headrests and they mixed the appropriate color. When I received the paint, I recognized by reading the manual, that it was suitable for plastic as well. So, I could renew my center console and a lot more.
What I try to say: If you find the right product, you can renew all of your interieur with one product (it seems that at least the right side of your driver seat needs some attention as well).
As @miko wrote, Volico is very good, but also located in Germany. @Racediagnostic used a stuff from Kolorbond very successful:

Regards Martin

·
Registered
1986 560 SL
7,315 Posts
Hi gonomo,

Regards Martin
There are also brush-on paints that will avoid the potential mess of in-situation spraying. Leatherique is one such product and they will match either MBZ colour codes or a sample you send them.

·
Registered
1984 380SL
98 Posts
There are some great tips on-line on how to restore the color of faded plastic. In short, the surface has become dry and has lost color. There is a technique in where you can heat the plastic to bring the oils back to the surface to restore the color. Might be a thought before painting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts