Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML320 W163
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I searched the forums but didn't see any threads concerning the replacement of the lights inside the center console (the one with the FAN, and Heater controls). I have two 0r three lights out and would like some hints on how to access them without breaking my fine wood-grained plastic console.

Thanks,
Ski

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,103 Posts
It depends on which year ML you have.
If you have one of the earlier years all you need to do is pull out the center knob and there is a small bulb that needs to be replaced. There is only one bulb that lights all 3 controls. I used a piece of tubing made from a piece of wire insulation to grab the bulb and pull it out.
The wood trim on the center console is real wood, not plastic.
If you have a later year then it gets complicated an expensive.
Mike

NOTE: You may want to consider updating your User CP with a minimum of Location, Year an Model of ML which will get you much better and faster answers to your questions.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,103 Posts
Sorry - 199 ML 320

Thanks.
Ski
I didn't think they made an ML in the year 199.
Your in luck, you have the easy and cheaper repair. Just pull out the center knob and you should clearly see what needs to be done. The dam thing is so small it's a little difficult to get out.
I don't know where to get the bulb other than the dealer. You may want to see if Autohaus AZ or German Star has the bulb.
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts