Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
how about a a pic of it mounted?
my bad no photo - here it is mounted. Almost all of the metal is inside the glovebox (like your design). I gave it a couple extra bends so it wedges against the top and bottom of the glovebox for extra stability. It is totally secure. Here it is with my ipod mounted (because I needed my phone to take the photo).

I could bend it back further and put one more slight bend so the face is a little more flat - but seems it will be fine for the occasions I use it.

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
my bad no photo - here it is mounted. Almost all of the metal is inside the glovebox (like your design). I gave it a couple extra bends so it wedges against the top and bottom of the glovebox for extra stability. It is totally secure. Here it is with my ipod mounted (because I needed my phone to take the photo).

I could bend it back further and put one more slight bend so the face is a little more flat - but seems it will be fine for the occasions I use it.
Good job :) I like how it's temporary and can be stored ... I may do one of these too! :) as I'd rather just use bluetooth for phone and music

·
Registered
588 Posts
So what happens when you need to open the compartment? Doesn't it just fall out?
it does not fall out. I trimmed it to a size that it wedges in against the top and bottom at the back wall of the compartment and will stay with the lid open or closed. You can keep it in there all the time and open and close the door without any interference. I only use mine when I need gps and store it in the center console all other times. It is 5 seconds to put it in place when I need it and I don't have to affix anything to the dash or to the (increasingly brittle) HVAC vents.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
10 Participants
ceta4zng
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing