Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ML350
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me where the connection points are located for the d2b fiber from the PSE cable.

I have looked and have not found them.

In the middle of the job and am now at a stand still.

Help

·
Registered
2015 GLA 250, 2001 C 320
784 Posts
The connection point is behind the MCS ... you run the F/O cable that should have been part of the core kit up behind the MCS. There is an inline junction on one of the F/O cables going into the back of the MCS. You break into the daisy chain link there.

If you have not done so already, you can download the Phone Install Bulletin from my website at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsite

Go to the "Integrated Phones" page, then the "Phone Bulletins" page and you will see where to download it from there.

Make sure you have your vehicle version coded after the install at your local dealership ...

Paul

·
Registered
2004 ML350
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul.

The F/O connection runs from the back of the MCS straight into the floor. No connection point. This is why I am so frustrated with this install. I have pulled your documentation some time back but the car does no follow. Everything seems to be factory as far as the wires are concerned. Car has CD Changer, tel aid and NAV.

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
2015 GLA 250, 2001 C 320
784 Posts
If there is not an inline connector behind the MCS like pictured in my tech pub:

http://www.benzworld.org/publications/pub.asp?id=143

Then you can tap right into the angle connector coming off the back of the MCS. Your F/O cable with the PSE should have come with an inline connector making a loop of the two cables. Free the red lensed cable up from that inline connector and swap it with the red lensed cable from the MCS connector. The MCS connector can be disassembled by just pressing in on the locking tabs. After you take the red lensed end out of the MCS connector replace it with the one from the PSE. That will allow you to complete the loop.

Paul

·
Registered
2004 ML350
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Paul. I will have to take the connector apart to complete the job. I'm sure the original inline if there is one is under the floor.

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts