Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 MB SLK 230
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since I have had my SLK I have had none CEL problems, even though I have done so much to the car. Today I tried to unplug the eletric clutch and start the car and the light did'nt come up. I tried to unplug the bypass valve but still no CEL light.

Sounds like a serius problem, that's why I'm looking for a scan tool to see what's happening.... damn car..

·
Registered
1999 MB SLK 230
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One question, when I turn my key in the ingnition and all the lights comes on in the dash, should the CEL light also be lighten up because it dose'nt. All the other lights goes on but not that one..

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG 1997 SLK230 & 1978 280CE
377 Posts
My Australian 1997 SLK 230 with a 38pin diagnostic socket doesn't have a CEL light.....our USA friends with OBD11 sockets seem to be the only 'lucky' owners of early SLKs with the CEL light to drive them crazy :mad:

Your Euro SLK with a 38pin socket is probably very similar to Aussie models.....I would check carefully in your Drivers Manual to see if there is any reference to the CEL light....or even check with a local dealer.....before pulling out the dash cluster

When you get your Carsoft Multiplexer you will see the codes set when you disconnect various items.....loss of performance with the Kompressor not cutting in has been the indicator to me that I need to do a scan

.....by the way the Carsoft Multiplexer from China recommended to you by Biosphere looks to be the a good buy at $US179 + shipping....good luck.....the Carsoft 7.4 installation can be a bit tricky ;)

Cheers

David

·
Registered
R170 BRABUS & W211 AMG E55 now, 190E 2,3 16V,SMART BRABUS,BMW E39 M5,E31 850i,E32 750i,etc (all ex)
223 Posts
Well, since I have had my SLK I have had none CEL problems, even though I have done so much to the car. Today I tried to unplug the eletric clutch and start the car and the light did'nt come up. I tried to unplug the bypass valve but still no CEL light.

Sounds like a serius problem, that's why I'm looking for a scan tool to see what's happening.... damn car..

Euro SLK dont have CEL light. Dont worry about it...I am happy about that fact, because other wise i would have to stare at flashing CEL light all the time because of my SC switch...:D

BtW. how is your SS headers going?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts