Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 C230
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font name='verdana' size='-1'><p>I took my <b>1998 C230</b> in for her B Service 2 weeks ago, and had the works done (except sparkplugs as they're not due yet). 1 week later the CEL came on. Drove it for 1 day, then took it to the mechanic (not a dealer, but he's immensely trustworthy), and he read the <b>Error Code P0107 (Fuel Trim Malfunction)</b>. Checked for leaks and other stuff, drove it around, said probably the O2 Sensor, maybe the Fuel Intake. He reset the error, CEL off. 1 day later CEL went back on. Drove it for 2 days, and it went off by itself, and has stayed off since (for a few days now).<p>I have noticed decrease in performance, and an increase in general noise while driving, kind of like an off-beat humming, even sometimes a slight clunking. It drove real nice after the B Service, but when the light came on, not so nice anymore. Could be psychosomatic, or could be I'm paying more attention now to the engine noises.
<p>From my reading on this forum, let me say that I:<ul><li>Fill my gas tank to FULL (keep pumping even after it cuts off at about 1/2 tank)<li>Perform all the regular maintenance, oil changes in between (with Synthetic) @ 7,500K<li>Use Esso Supreme gas</ul><p>Any input?<ul><li>Should I change the O2 Sensors?<li>Or the Air Mass Meter (seeing that it's a common issue for the P0170 code)<li>Or something else?<li>Should I change my gas (Sunoco seems to be the station of choice)?<li>Can I fill the gas tank full, or should I let the gas pump tell me when to quit (usually 1/2 a tank)?<li>Have I done some damage possibly over-filling the gas tank?</ul>Any advice would be greatly appreciated.</font>

·
Registered
8 Posts
ck fuel filter should be replaced ever 4 yrs spark plugs if over 50,000 miles if trimming rich could be mass air flow sensor if lean fuel pressure reg could be bad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts