Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just want to share my lastest vito problem with you who might have experienced the same, and hopefully give some advice before i take my van to the shop. Anyways, it started after i had my waterpump, idler pulley, belt tensioner, and the vbelt changed a few weeks ago. everything worked fine then one time i was caught in a heavy traffic and we were moving at between 15 to 20 km/hr and suddenly after a brief stop and a slow kick to the accelerator the van won't move even the RPM dial won't move as if i was at neutral. I move the shifter to neutral then to drive and then its ok. At first i thought it was nothing, the next day i drove it again but not in heavy traffic, and it was all ok. Then last night i got caught in another heavy traffic and there it was again. I was thingking it might be the dreaded "limp mode" but when i get into high speed i can hear my turbo running and i can go to my usual highway speed of 120 to 130 km/hr. Could it be the accelerator switch in the pedal or can it be the transmission giving signs of trouble or something else? I'll wait for any replies or advices before I take my van to the mechanics. Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts