Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know the technical name but I would like to buy the cd rom(?) computer program for the parts numbers of the 210 body. This way, I can just look up the part numbers of my car so i can order directly from my supplier without the need to bring the damaged part as a sample. Can anyone please tell me where to buy or order this item? I really appreciate your inputs.

Best regards,

Dan

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
There is no CD rom AFAIK, but the EPC is free and will give you what you want. Go to EPC online to sign up.

Len

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There is no CD rom AFAIK, but the EPC is free and will give you what you want. Go to EPC online to sign up.

Len
Thank you for your advice.I checked out the site but it's not what I was looking for, sorry but I forgot to mention that this is the computer program that the mercedes benz dealer use when they search for a part number. They get your VIN then they search for the particular part from the diagrams displayed on the computer screen.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
Thank you for your advice.I checked out the site but it's not what I was looking for, sorry but I forgot to mention that this is the computer program that the mercedes benz dealer use when they search for a part number. They get your VIN then they search for the particular part from the diagrams displayed on the computer screen.
It may not be what you're looking for, but it's exactly what you're describing...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It may not be what you're looking for, but it's exactly what you're describing...

Yes and I tell you it's NOT what I'm looking for. The system I saw was installed in the computer system of the MB dealer.

The dealer would get my VIN, then he would punch it into the system, the menu would pop out then he would single out the particular items I would require. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Yes and I tell you it's NOT what I'm looking for. The system I saw was installed in the computer system of the MB dealer.

The dealer would get my VIN, then he would punch it into the system, the menu would pop out then he would single out the particular items I would require. Thank you.
How is it you KNOW the dealer's computer is not connected to the Internet?

My VIN is used when I access my subsription to EPC. For example, I never see any body part or upholstery colors other than mine.

NOBODY can provide you a CD of this information--any why would you want something that can become obsolete tomorrow anyway? LOTS and LOTS of part numbers are changed all the time because of improvements, etc.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
Dear Peter,
Now THIS was what I have been looking for. Thank you so much for your kind attention.

best regards,

Dan
That is simply an older and less complete version of the EPC Online you were initially directed to. There are subtle differences between them, but all dealers now use the superior EPC system, which exists as a WIS component, rather than the older CD-ROM version you once saw. BTW, the Russian site does not include parts listings for U.S. versions.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
That is simply an older and less complete version of the EPC Online you were initially directed to. There are subtle differences between them, but all dealers now use the superior EPC system, which exists as a WIS component, rather than the older CD-ROM version you once saw. BTW, the Russian site does not include parts listings for U.S. versions.
I am not so shure about that, but you are the parts guy, it does reference "US" version and other world wide versions. I would take a look at it again, The russian site is not perfect but pretty good!

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
I must be missing something then. I can find no reference to 300SD, either 116.120 or 126.120 (neither of which were made available in Europe, though both were quite popular in the U.S.), nor can I find U.S. bumpers for a 380SL (107.045), only the small European bumpers. There are loads of U.S.-only applications/parts, those are just a couple of obvious examples I had always noticed on the Russian site.

In any case, you're right -- the Russian site is pretty good, but the EPC Online is really much better. Subscription is free, BTW.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How is it you KNOW the dealer's computer is not connected to the Internet?

My VIN is used when I access my subsription to EPC. For example, I never see any body part or upholstery colors other than mine.

NOBODY can provide you a CD of this information--any why would you want something that can become obsolete tomorrow anyway? LOTS and LOTS of part numbers are changed all the time because of improvements, etc.
Because the techician in charge of the parts department told me the program was installed into the computer and not connected to the internet.

Anyway, I already have the link and I don't want the cd anymore so it's a moot point to discuss about the cd rom.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is a WIS component? I crossed referenced some of my existing parts against detali.com and it's very consistent.

Guys, I'm not a mechanic or an MB merchant or anything. I'm just an average guy with a European Benz that I meticulously maintain. Only reason I want access to the part numbers is so that I can just order damaged parts from my supplier without the need to bring my car to his shop or for him to see the part in particular.

So far this site is great.:D

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Because the techician in charge of the parts department told me the program was installed into the computer and not connected to the internet.
This is doubtful. In any case if he knows what it is why not ask him? Nothing is a moot point around here once you've aroused our curiosity.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is doubtful. In any case if he knows what it is why not ask him? Nothing is a moot point around here once you've aroused our curiosity.

I did ask him. He could not give me an answer to my satisfaction, that's why I'm here asking the experts.

At least I found my answer here.:D:D:D

@Peter Gunther, thanks for the info Bro.:thumbsup::bowdown:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts