Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all of a sudden my radio and CD player stopped for no apparent reason. Got home turned the car off and then went out later and radio works.
However I can't open the CD player in the glove compartment and I couldn't eject the CD that was last playing. Now the CD starts playing but the radio
button is activated. It's crazy with no apparent pattern. this has happened several times in the past when the CD player just stops. Anyone know where the electrical
connection is for the CD (6 CD ) in the glove box? Seems it could be a loose connection somewhere.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,833 Posts
The CDC connections are on the back of the unit. There is a single Torx screw holding the CDC bracket in place. It's located on the right corner of the CDC, going into the top of the glove compartment. With that removed, the CDC will pivot out. You should find an electrical connection as well as a pair of fiber optic wires. My guess is that either the CDC has failed or the radio. Since it's easiest to remove the CDC, I'd start there. You will need a fiber optic coupler to plug in place of the CDC. You can get them on eBay or even the dealer. You will need the proper type - if your car is pre-MY2005, then it's D2B, or if MY2005 or later, then MOST.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SC Bob, you might get more response if you tell us what car you have, along with the type of radio cd player thats installed .
I guess I was having a senior moment. The car is a 2007 clk 350 and the radio and changer came with the car as standard equipment. It's not a special OEM product

1 - 4 of 4 Posts