Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 6-spd
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search before this post. Some info close to my problem, but not right on target.

My current problem is the CD player displays "MAGAZINE EMPTY" or give "NO CD's" on verbal prompt reply.

I got the car in Aug '04, no problems until this week. Radio and telephone work. I have rechecked the CD's are in correctly, reseated the magazine several times, and confirmed player door properly closed. Visual inspection shows nothing that stands out. The CD player has the MB on it and was original on the car (6 CD magazine). The car also has the voice recognition which is working well.

Any ideas/suggestions [?]

Thanks

·
Registered
99 slk 230 sport
144 Posts
I had this problem when I bought the car and the dealer fixed it, but he never told me what he did. The problem has recurred about every fourth or fifth time I change out the CD's on average. But, if I pop the magazine out and put it back in it works every time.

·
Registered
98 SLK 230
165 Posts
I had a similar problem every once it a while. Try turning off the Radio, then shut off the car. Then start the car, and turn back on the radio, then press the CD button and see if it works.

I also had a problem where the wire between the CD player and the radio had to be replaced. It was causing the CD player to constantly run, and resulted in a dead battery for me! Whoever installed you CD player should be able to fix this problem.

Cheers,
Pat

·
Registered
1998 MB SLK 230
504 Posts
I had the same problem with my Audi A6 for ages. I would have to pop the mag in and out to get it running again. Pretty embarrasing when I had to jump out in the cold just to hear some good tunes.

Best option, get rid of the factory and upgrade to a aftermarket. Never had a problem again.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 6-spd
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rechecked the CD magazine loaded properly. I took a can of compressed air we have for cleaning keyboards with the plastic extender and gave both the magazine and the player several shots to blow away and large dust particles.
Next I turned off the radio/player using the volume control knob, waited about 90 seconds, powered up the radio, selected CD and it started playing CD #1! Maybe the system has to be manually turned off to reset itself?

I will post any new updates if there are any changes. I did call the local MB dealer, they have replacement CD player for only $695 w/o tax, instulation, carry fees, etc..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts