Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320 Elegance Cabriolet
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cd stacker has recently been intermittently refusing to play cds. I get the 'E-04' read out on the lcd. I have to keep trying and then it will play the cd. Certain slots behave worse than others. Any ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Hey, laksa. It could be an intermittent disruption in the link, so it might be worth following omeyhomey's DIY in the sticky. Won't cost you anything but time to try and while you have the changer out you can blow some air in there to clean out any dust/dirt, which could also interfere with the sensor trying to read the slot.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
By link, I think gregs210 means an interruption in the D2B fiberoptic loop. I had a CD changer added after I bought the car and other electronic components became problematic. Not so much the changer, but my COMAND screen was mis-behaving, and I was told all sorts of strange symptoms can occur if one, or more components, are not recognised. So, if the infamous large connector mentioned in the DIY is indeed compromised, that could explain a lot.

I almost suggested blowing the dust/dirt out too but I was not sure I remembered that correctly as a proper maintenance procedure. The OMEYHOMEY CD lens cleaner is a good idea (can't possibly hurt), especially if you already have one. Hopefully someone who knows what the E-04 error message means will see your thread and respond. If all else fails, you can always try a search or post another thread on the Audio & Telematics forum.

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320 Elegance Cabriolet
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gregs and Musikmann. Will let you guys know outcome.
Cheers:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts