Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a CD holder made to replace the nifty little pop up cassette holder that is mounted in the console between the seats

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upgrade to the newer console compartment.

Hi Joe, You can retrofit the newer cupholder compartment which will hold cups (of course) and when the cup holder mechanism is folded to the side, it might hold CD's (never tried it, but I'll try it tonight after work). It's an exact replacement for the cassette/cigarette one you've got. I've got all the parts, just haven't done it yet to my '91, but I plan to start the project soon. It takes a bit of work, but appears to be easily done by the home mechanic. Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
where can you get the newer cupholder compartment that would replace the cassette holder c...

where can you get the newer cupholder compartment that would replace the cassette holder console in a 1991 300 sl Mercedes-Benz?

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: where can you get the newer cupholder compartment that would replace the cassette holder c

where can you get the newer cupholder compartment that would replace the cassette holder console in a 1991 300 sl Mercedes-Benz?
You can get it at the dealer. It's a whole kit that replaces your rollup cover and cassette holder and ashtray. If you want to move your ashtray to the new location, you also need to purchase that. The kit is color coded to your interior.

-s-

·
Registered
SL500
56 Posts
I just called Caliber Motors, and they aren't familiar with any "kit". They did tell me, h...

I just called Caliber Motors, and they aren't familiar with any "kit". They did tell me, however, that there is a "pocket" that was on the 97 and later cars that has the cup holder. The person I talked to, said that he wasn't sure it would fit in my car. The assembly costs $177 and is special order. Is this what you're talking about. Do you which previous year cars it would fit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts