Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again all,

yes i'm a noob here and am looking for some answers. i've used the search function but to no avail. in my wifes 02 ML320 she's got a CD changer installed in the rear compartment. everything is connected but the head unit says " no cd changer installed" i purchased this from my mother because she couldn't afford it anymore. she states that it worked when she had it (i believe her, she had some of her CDs in there). i've been looking at the ipod mod that you can do but am interested in having the changer working as well. any inputs on what could be wrong?

·
Registered
2002 ML500
57 Posts
My '02 ML is doing the same thing. I was able to disconncet both power, and fiberoptics cable, and reconnect them to make the problem disappear. Eventually, the problem comes back in a few days, and I have to do this again. My dealer told me the only way to fix is to replace the changer. I never ask the price, not worth it. I don't use the changer any more. Long time ago, some one from the forum mentioned the head unit, Bose amplifier, and CD changer all talk to each other via the fiberoptics link by using CANBUS communication protocol. It looks like the interface inside the changer is at fault.

·
Registered
2002 ML500
57 Posts
I don't remember the changer has manual release option like the CD/DVD burner on PC, but, I have not touch the changer for a long time, I could be wrong. I will check the changer tonight to see if the cartridge can be released manually, will post the result here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts