Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i tried to play my cd. the screen said no cd changer. then i went to the back to eject the cartridge. the eject light flashed but wont release. does anyone know if i can eject the cartridge manually. thanks for your help.its in a 2002

·
Registered
247 Posts
My friends S500 did the exact same thing she took it to the local MB dealer(it's lease and under warranty) she said they had to replace the whole changer because the cartridge wouldn't come out.
But if that was my changer I would've tried a pair of needle nose pliers first. :D

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I think the best solution is to disassemble the CD changer and lubricating the mechanisms inside. This is the most common problem with these CD changers. I was having the Magazine empty/No Cd changer errors. I opened the CD changer, lubricated all moving parts, successfully put it back together and now it works as good as a new unit.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I think the best solution is to disassemble the CD changer and lubricating the mechanisms inside. This is the most common problem with these CD changers. I was having the Magazine empty/No Cd changer errors. I opened the CD changer, lubricated all moving parts, successfully put it back together and now it works as good as a new unit.
What did you use to lubricate the unit? I dont want to spray WD40 or other stuff like that...

·
It was fun while it lasted
11,126 Posts
Unplug the changer and use a flat metal ruler (I used what printers refer to as a line gauge) and slide it alongside the cartridge. I don't know which side so you may have to try both sides. You'll eventually trigger the manual switch and it'll pop out.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
What did you use to lubricate the unit? I dont want to spray WD40 or other stuff like that...
I used silicon spray just to test if lack of lubrication was the problem. It worked very well so far. I don't know what the original lubricant was. If silicon dries out, I may call Alpine for the factory choice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cd changer wont release

thankyou all for your help and time replying. ill slide a thin metal rule to release it , then lubricate it. thanks . ill post how i make out

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cd changer wont release

thankyou all, its fixed. i took it out of car and tried to release disc manually. no luck. the disc was have out of cartridge. so i took the screws out on both sides of player then removed case . i was able to manually push the big gear so that the disc went back into the cartridge. after i lubed all moving parts with a teflon grease and some parts with silicon spray. it works great. ill post at a later time to let the post now if it lasted
mike

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
thankyou all, its fixed. i took it out of car and tried to release disc manually. no luck. the disc was have out of cartridge. so i took the screws out on both sides of player then removed case . i was able to manually push the big gear so that the disc went back into the cartridge. after i lubed all moving parts with a teflon grease and some parts with silicon spray. it works great. ill post at a later time to let the post now if it lasted
mike
Congrats! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts