Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 c 280 sport
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 w202 w/ factory Bose. I just tried to play some cd's I burned but the changer will not recognize that discs are loaded. Display reads magazine empty. I tried a store bought cd and the changer works fine. Any ideas? Has anyone intergrated an Ipod with the Bose package?

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,288 Posts
battlecat714 said:
It seems your w202 cd changer is not CD-R nor CD-RW compatible.
Inconclusive. Depends also on the format recorded. MB changers are notorious for
their sensitivity to home brewed CDs so you might want to vary laser intensity or
burn speed.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
raymond- said:
Inconclusive. Depends also on the format recorded. MB changers are notorious for
their sensitivity to home brewed CDs so you might want to vary laser intensity or
burn speed.
Good point Ray.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,195 Posts
Be sure you are using a high-quality CD-R, and be certain not to use CD-RW. Try burning in the "disc at once" mode; if that fails, try "track-at-once" (older burners had only the track-at-once burning option; the data packets identifying the audio file information is stored differently than in the disc-at-once format, and your older CD reader may be looking for the older TAO format).

Raymond's suggestions are good ones and can be used with either of the approaches above.

·
Registered
13 Posts

i just got off the phone with mercedes benz and they said my cd player since its a 2000 it does not recognize MP3's so thats why it is not recognizing the CD-Rs.. but then i have people on this forum saying it is possible, and it doesn't make sense because my cd player does play the CD-R but it skips and freezes up anyone have a clue?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,195 Posts
Mr CLK 430 said:
i just got off the phone with mercedes benz and they said my cd player since its a 2000 it does not recognize MP3's so thats why it is not recognizing the CD-Rs.. but then i have people on this forum saying it is possible, and it doesn't make sense because my cd player does play the CD-R but it skips and freezes up anyone have a clue?
It may not read mp3s; however, you can probably burn your own CDs in the AIFF format from mp3s stored on your computer. You don't say whether the skipping problem is on burned discs of any type, or just mp3 CDs.

Skipping and freezing on a new disc are usually the result of incompatibilities between the disc-at-once (DAO) format or the track-at-once (TAO) format for burning discs, and your CD player. As I stated above, the file information for each song is stored differently between TAO and DAO formats. Whichever you have been using when burning discs, try the other. Assuming that your CD burner is fairly recent, it should be able to burn CDs in either mode. You set DAO or TAO in your CD burning software. I suggest burning the same disc in each mode, and see if one works. Mark the discs as to how you burned them - the one that works will be what your CD player needs.

I hope that will work for you. It may not give you mp3 CDs, but will let you record your mp3s onto CDs in a listenable format.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey

i just tried both formats, and my cd player does not read the TAO format but it does read the DAO format, and it does not read WAV files, but it does recognize the mp3s but skips and freezes up. But again it skips and freezes up and most of the songs, so im guessin all thats left to do is try to convert the mp3 songs i have to another format, thanks for tryin to help i appreciate it.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,195 Posts
Mr CLK 430 - to convert your .mp3 files, simply select "AIFF" as the format in the burning preferences (options) of your CD burning software. In some software this is done by selecting "music CD" or "audio CD" as your burn option - it might be called either one (.mp3 CDs are burned as data). The conversion will occur automatically in most software, even if your source material is in .mp3 format. AIFF is the format that "store-bought" CDs are recorded in. Your .mp3s will play - you will just not be able to get as many songs on a CD as you could in the .mp3 format.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts