Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the archives (ps. CD is not 3 letters and you cannot search that way) trying to find out how to fix a stuck CD. I now can see that the magazine is part way retracted but cannot completely retract it. Any ideas please. 6 CD changer in trunk of 2003 SLK 230. My old 500 SL did the same thing but I was able to retract the CD with pressing the individual CD slide to the rear with a flat tip screwdriver....won't work on this one.
Thanks,
Bill
BCinPhx

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Just give the CD changer a few brisk slaps on the side while pushing the cartridge eject button. You may have to repeat it few times. If that fails, then you'll have to remove and open the CD player - no too bad a job.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the same problem. It happened a couple of times and smacking it a few times did the trick. The last time I had to remove and disassemble it to get the cd and magazine out. Then I smacked it few times against a tree and stomped it a couple more times , went out and bought a Pioneer with USB port. So long to the cd's hello hard drive. More music and less clutter. I still have the mount if anybody wants it.
As a matter of fact I cut the case up to make a restrictor plate for the bypass valve. GENUINE MERCEDES PARTS!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sounds like you'll need to crack the cover and actuate the motor(s) that control the cartridge trays (Use a 9V battery and a couple of alligator clipped jumpers.). The main drive track more than likely jumped a tooth or two. When I worked the audio dept for a consumer repair store, people would always come in with jammed CDs. Resist the urge to shove anything in and "unjam" it. You'll do more bad than good...guaranteed. If you're hesitant to do it yourself, take it to a professional.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Punched the button...slapped it once and it ejected and I reinserted and it works fine for the moment....THANKS,
Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts