1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i tried to install my cd changer, and got the directions from:
CD Changer Installation
as many of you guys directed me :D
i followed all the steps, and seem everything was pretty simple, every wire is connected to the right spot, the cd changer has power as well, but on the unit when i press cd shows "No Cd Changer" error i tried switching the cables and all but no luck!! what seems to be wrong thanks again:D

·
Registered
208 Posts
I HAVE A SIMILAR CAR, WITH THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I INSTALLED THE CD CHANGER. MY PROBLEM WAS DUE TO A MISLABELED OF THE FIBER OPTIC CABLES CONNECTING THE RADIO TO THE CD CHANGER. THE ONE LABELED "PHONE" WAS ACTUALLY THE CD CHANGER. WITH THE CABLES DISCONNECTED SHINE A FLASH LIGHT ON ONE END AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THE PROPER CABLE BY SEING THE LIGHT ON THE OPPOSITE END. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sunny,
I'll try it first thing tomorrow, but in your situation was it mislabeled behind the unit or in the trunk? btw each header need to have one red and white correct? Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
I HAVE A SIMILAR CAR, WITH THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I INSTALLED THE CD CHANGER. MY PROBLEM WAS DUE TO A MISLABELED OF THE FIBER OPTIC CABLES CONNECTING THE RADIO TO THE CD CHANGER. THE ONE LABELED "PHONE" WAS ACTUALLY THE CD CHANGER. WITH THE CABLES DISCONNECTED SHINE A FLASH LIGHT ON ONE END AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THE PROPER CABLE BY SEING THE LIGHT ON THE OPPOSITE END. GOOD LUCK.
Huh...that must have been an MB ass'y line screw-up. Mine are labeled backwards as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts