Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help me. I just bought a 2005 CLK 320 last week and I have used the 6 cd changer located in the glove box 2 time. The first time was successful and the second time the cartridge loaded, said it was scanning disk 4 (there was no disk in disk 4) and gave a read error. After this, the unit would not eject. It make a quick moaning sound clicks and nothing happens. I can see in the 1/16" crack between the loaded cartridge and the right door edge that the number 4 cd tray is still engaged. I have tried to gently pry the tray to the left but nothing happens and I do not want to cause any further damage by prying too hard.

1. Can someone let me know what the possible issue and resolution may be. and or
2. Let me know how to remove the changer to take it appart.

I have removed 1 torx screw from the top of glove box that was attached to the changer and screwed into the top of the glove box but the changer does not budge.

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem with my MC3198. Remove the changer from the glove box. Disconnect the optical connector and loosen the electrical plug. hit the eject button and halfway through the mechanical cycling, remove the plug completely. Uninstall the changer. Remove the cover after removing the optical cable guide and the connector block, Be careful when removing the flexible ribbon cable by releasing the locking bar, then pulling out the cable. With the cover removed you will probably see an errant CD in the unit, which you can back into its slot of the magazine. Manually return the open disk carrier(s) fully into the magazine. Before reassembling the unit, apply the power cable and check that the magazine will eject correctly. If all is working as it should, reassemble the unit in reverse of the previous disassembly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
guys, SEARCH THE FORUM first!
this has been discussed sooooo many times (just like "i need unlock codes for demand").
it is under the tips & tricks section.
cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
why can't I find the threads, then?
I'm new around here and I have no technical talents? I don't know how to remove the changer.
my changer makes the same noise, again and again (like changing the disc) but nothing happens. it does not eject nor load any disk.
can somebody give me an advice?
thanx

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,861 Posts
addictboy,

Seems to me that usattler gave excellent advice. If you can't make use of it, take it to someone who can and pay them for their services.

If there had been an idiot-proof dirt simple solution, usattler would probably have given it to you.

And KC420 is correct - there have been many writeups on CD changer failure to load, eject, and so forth. I cannot explain your lack of search skills.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank You,
You are so right. This is all being so helpful. In fact, I believe that receiving this kind of answers and advices is the primary reason for people to participate in this kind of forums, in the first place.
Keep up the good work!

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,861 Posts
Yup. Folks who want everything boiled down nice and simple often have this frustration. So do folks who won't work for themselves and do a good search.

Some problems do not lend themselves to simple solutions. If the DIY answers are too complex, then you only have one other choice to fix the problem: Pay someone with the technical skills to do it. Now, that took a lot of thought, didn't it?

And with the number of problems (and suggestions of solutions) that have been posted on this forum concerning CD eject problems, I truly cannot explain why you failed to "find the threads." Only you can explain that. I'm sure the folks who posted the responses in the first place don't want to re-write them just for you. Each has already done the work at least once, and there have been quite a few.

And none of them was more detailed or likely to succeed than usattler's response. It's the best I have seen for your particular CDC problem. With a very good response already in front to you that you admit you cannot take advantage of, just what do you expect us to do?

Sometimes there is no easy, magic bullet. That's just the way it is. Don't blame the forum or its members for that. And it doesn't help to complain to us about the "kind of answers and advices" when we tell you that, either.

You will find a tremendous amount of help on this forum. You will see highly skilled people wrestle to solve problems, sometimes for weeks.

But it is done for folks who are willing to help themselves just a bit, too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you are probably right. In fact, I’m sure you are right. And I’m sure that if YOU use the search function you will find a lot more messages on the subject.
The usattler message seems to be very coherent. But I have never done it before. And I am not sure that I want to learn to do it on a 4 months old care without a detailed advice. A detailed advice that nobody owes me. I’ll come back when I’ll have some pictures to share and no questions to ask.
I am not frustrated that I don’t have someone to work in my place. I’m frustrated that I have a new car with a broken CD changer . If I wanted someone else to work for me, I would have the changer already fixed by the local dealer.
Anyway, sorry to bother you.
Enjoy your cars!

·
Registered
1 Posts
you are probably right. In fact, I’m sure you are right. And I’m sure that if YOU use the search function you will find a lot more messages on the subject.
The usattler message seems to be very coherent. But I have never done it before. And I am not sure that I want to learn to do it on a 4 months old care without a detailed advice. A detailed advice that nobody owes me. I’ll come back when I’ll have some pictures to share and no questions to ask.
I am not frustrated that I don’t have someone to work in my place. I’m frustrated that I have a new car with a broken CD changer . If I wanted someone else to work for me, I would have the changer already fixed by the local dealer.
Anyway, sorry to bother you.
Enjoy your cars!
Addictboy:

I agree entirely with your thoughts on the members of this site they are a pompus, money grabbing crowd of self employed mechanics who do not have any work to do else they would not have time for this site.

I have the same problem with my stacker system, although with a car out of warranty; I am capable of removing an engine let alone a cd., changer but hey - might there not be a more simple answer to this problem?, - I bet there is.

Now I wonder where I can get that information as this site looks like a NO NO site for us noddies else it's full of numbskulls.

Cheers,
ChrisPSR

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,861 Posts
Addictboy:

I agree entirely with your thoughts on the members of this site they are a pompus, money grabbing crowd of self employed mechanics who do not have any work to do else they would not have time for this site.

Now I wonder where I can get that information as this site looks like a NO NO site for us noddies else it's full of numbskulls.

Cheers,
ChrisPSR
Your ignorance about our membership is abysmal, and it shows plainly. But one thing we do not like is newbies who are too lazy to do their own search, and who insist others do their work for them. The arrogance and condescension one displays when doing such does not play well here. No one pays us to do this. You'd have known all that if you'd bothered to read the "New Guy" sticky. Good luck with your search.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts